Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

2nd free night Club Carlson visa (ends June 1, 2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 4, 2015, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Brendan
This thread is about a benefit that ended on June 1, 2015 at 11PM CDT (Chicago time.)

Any "last night free" bookings made by that date should be honoured. Discussion of changes to the Club Carlson Visa card benefits are in this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/carlson-club-carlson/1669289-bonus-award-night-going-away-june-1st-2015-a.html
Print Wikipost

2nd free night Club Carlson visa (ends June 1, 2015)

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2015, 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by Paiteaw
Does anyone know if I make a two night award booking for late in 2016, can I reschedule the dates without losing the second free night or having to pay more points?
I would like to use my points now for a future trip that I have not yet booked airline tickets for, so my dates are not definite. Thanks for your reply.
You won't be able to reschedule after May 31st. You will lose the 2nd night. Many of us are scheduling trips for 2016, and will get air later when award flights open.
Old May 29, 2015, 11:26 pm

A question before making last-minute bookings with CC points. I apologize if answered already.

My parents and my sister's family are going to Europe this summer. They want to stay in separate rooms but same hotel. I happen to have 100K CC points. The hotel they're interested in is 50K. Could I use 50K to book 2 nights for my parents and 50K for 2 nights for my sister, on the same dates? I know I can book for someone else using CC points, but I don't know if I can do 2 rooms at the same time. Anyone know?
Old May 30, 2015, 1:09 am

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
A question before making last-minute bookings with CC points. I apologize if answered already.

My parents and my sister's family are going to Europe this summer. They want to stay in separate rooms but same hotel. I happen to have 100K CC points. The hotel they're interested in is 50K. Could I use 50K to book 2 nights for my parents and 50K for 2 nights for my sister, on the same dates? I know I can book for someone else using CC points, but I don't know if I can do 2 rooms at the same time. Anyone know?
You'll see when attempting to make a booking for a 2nd room with the same dates, it shows as "More" or something, not allowing you to book it with the same account.
Old May 30, 2015, 3:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Has anyone (a) made a BOGO booking and then (b) then cancelled the card before the actual stay? Does not having the card active at the time of the stay do anything to to BOGO?
Old May 31, 2015, 1:03 am

Programs: KLM Gold, DL Silver
Ahm, just cancelled some bookings to make new ones before it goes bust - the benefit seems to be GONE prematurely one day before!
Old May 31, 2015, 2:28 am

Programs: AS MVP 75K, AA Platinum, IHG Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by Songer5
Has anyone (a) made a BOGO booking and then (b) then cancelled the card before the actual stay? Does not having the card active at the time of the stay do anything to to BOGO?
Yes I have and it doesn't affect the BOGO. Anything that's already booked stays booked.
Old May 31, 2015, 2:55 am

Programs: Marriott, Radisson, AA, UA
Originally Posted by iggyray
Ahm, just cancelled some bookings to make new ones before it goes bust - the benefit seems to be GONE prematurely one day before!
How do you know it is gone?
I can't login to test it out. Maybe it's just a routine system maintaining at 3AM or so.
Old May 31, 2015, 5:43 am

Programs: Kettle Class
The 2nd award night free benefit is very much still alive as of 0800 EDT. I just made (somewhat speculative) bookings in Rome, Dublin and Sydney and received the second night for no extra points as expected.

Originally Posted by iggyray
Old May 31, 2015, 7:30 am

Programs: Marriott, Radisson, AA, UA
2nd night award still alive. I just booked for my Toronto trip for next year.
Old May 31, 2015, 10:11 am

Alive as well as of 12 PM eastern time
Old May 31, 2015, 11:05 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hilton Gold; SPG/Marriott Gold; IHG Spire Ambassador
Alive as of 1PM EST
Old May 31, 2015, 1:10 pm

I'm sure that there is a lot of minute point transferring going on at the moment. Anyone think it's safe to transfer points between two different account with the same name / address? (Personal + Biz)

No reports of AA from Carlson for creative account management (a la IHG), but I'm still hesitant.

Last edited by mster; May 31, 2015 at 1:16 pm
Old May 31, 2015, 1:56 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K, AA Platinum, IHG Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by mster
I'm sure that there is a lot of minute point transferring going on at the moment. Anyone think it's safe to transfer points between two different account with the same name / address? (Personal + Biz)

No reports of AA from Carlson for creative account management (a la IHG), but I'm still hesitant.
It's always been completely koshers to tx pts between your own accts, or to anyone else's if you have Gold status. I did several transfers yesterday to rebalance points between my own and the SO's accounts. Waiting 20+ minutes on hold was the norm.

[EDIT] Just realized that their call center may not be open Sundays :\
Old May 31, 2015, 8:59 pm

Told by Call Center Systems Will Not Change Until 10 pm on June 1

I have been draining our family's 3 accounts tonight booking 2 night stays for the next 18 months. Tried to call Asia Pacific number in hopes I would get someone on their "Monday" so I could combine remaining points into one account to make another 50K booking.

I was instead routed to reservations in Nebraska where the agent advised me he is unable to combine the points and that I would have to wait until member services opens tomorrow morning.

He also advised that the system is not changing until 11:00 PM Central Time on June 1 indicating that the free night booking will be alive until then (I was unable to edit the title to 11 pm). 2nd attempt to call Australia got me forwarded to another US reservations agent who provided the same information. Hope they are correct.

Last edited by zink88; May 31, 2015 at 9:17 pm Reason: Correction to ending time
Old May 31, 2015, 9:59 pm

Programs: CarlsonGold,HHDiamond, SPGGold,ChoiceGold, *Silver, WNCompanionPass, ASMVPGold, HyattDiamond,IHGPlat
Originally Posted by AwardBee
Just realized that their call center may not be open Sundays :\
1) I was so pissed I waited until Sunday!

Originally Posted by zink88
I was instead routed to reservations in Nebraska where the agent advised me he is unable to combine the points and that I would have to wait until member services opens tomorrow morning.
2) How do you know what state they're in?
3) I had the same problem. After 2nd time calling and being denied, I asked if a supervisor could help. They transferred me to a supervisor and apparently told him everything because he immediately said, "Ok, I've only done this once before, but let me see if I can log into their system to transfer points for you." It took maybe 10 minutes longer than normal, but I got my points transferred on a Sunday.

If we do have until 10pm, then great... but I didn't take any chances.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.