Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

(EXPIRED) 2012 Big Night Giveaway Promos Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(EXPIRED) 2012 Big Night Giveaway Promos Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2012, 12:40 am

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Originally Posted by DallasEsq
Ahh ok, I'm planning on staying there next weekend and was just wondering if there were other options in the Dallas area (I'm not driving to Ft Worth to save $10)
The Rad Dallas Central was quite uninspiring, no pool due to renovation.
The Ft. Worth thus might be better, but I will never know for sure!
Old Jun 25, 2012, 4:35 am

Programs: AA EXP, BAEC Bronze, DL Plat UA, HHonors Platinum, SPG Gold, Hyatt
Reading the T&C, it says "one or more consecutive nights"--I'm wondering if anyone has any experience/knowledge of whether day rates will count?

Thanks!
Old Jun 25, 2012, 6:44 pm

Can I book a room for two different hotels for the same night and qualify?
Old Jun 25, 2012, 7:00 pm

Programs: Anything CC gives me
Originally Posted by hamburglar
Can I book a room for two different hotels for the same night and qualify?
Be prepared to get slammed with rude and snide remarks by some others here for asking that question.

You can check out the debate from last time here
Old Jun 26, 2012, 9:48 am

Programs: The Golden status boy
Originally Posted by DallasEsq
Ahh ok, I'm planning on staying there next weekend and was just wondering if there were other options in the Dallas area (I'm not driving to Ft Worth to save $10)
Unfortunately the cheaper Radisson that was at 635/Jupiter is no longer a Radisson. The location at 75/University is it for Dallas. You will be sorely dissapointed with the hotel itself. But, it's always nice to have a nap after eating a Chicken Fried Steak at Ozona's
Old Jun 26, 2012, 2:41 pm

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by milemission
Sorry midwest is too board.

I finally able to get some time off at the first week of July (with the July 4 holiday). Looking to take family for a short distant vocation, within 4-5 hours driving. I live in Chicago area.

I can use all three, it seem the closest Park Inns are Toledo OH and Dundee MI.
There are a lot of Country Inns and Radisson which I need help to find some lower price ones.

Thank you so much for responding.
Well, doing a quick look, I see that the Country Inn & Suites South O'Hare is $71.99 on the night of July 1st. But I'm sure if you search different cities in your surrounding area on the Club Carlson website for the dates you are available you can probably find some low prices. You may also want to consider doing a BRG to get a lower rate.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 3:02 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Thumbs up

4 for 4, and the pattern I see is for all points, including bonuses, to post mid-day US east coast time, three days after departure, even if that third day is at the weekend.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 4:01 pm
akp

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Red face Great experience Radisson branson

We were staying at a nearby resort so booked two rooms to take advantage of the promo. We'd been status matched and were greeted enthusiastically as Club Carslon elites. Both my husband and I were upgraded to suites on the top floor.

Although it was originally intended as a mattress run, we decided to hang in the rooms for a while before returning to our resort. Good thing we did, since about 20 minutes after checkin we recEived a welcome gift of a lovely platter of chocolate covered strawberries!

The beds were very cOmfortable sleep number beds with high quality linens. The suited were large and the air conditioners worked great. (it was 102 in Branson that day).

We had friends join us at the resort that day so didn't have enough beds for all. My son and I opted to go stay at the radisson after all so it wasn't a real mattress run in the end.

Overal we left with a positive impression of radisson and club Carlson elite status.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 4:10 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Sounds like the stars lined up for you in a different way than most people hope will happen in Branson.

Sorry, I just had to...
Old Jun 26, 2012, 11:15 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
Originally Posted by booyaa
Be prepared to get slammed with rude and snide remarks by some others here for asking that question.

You can check out the debate from last time here
The link takes it back to this thread. Any clarification as to why the rude and snide remarks?
Old Jun 27, 2012, 8:03 am

Programs: Anything CC gives me
Originally Posted by luv2ctheworld
The link takes it back to this thread. Any clarification as to why the rude and snide remarks?
Yup, that was when the same question was asked last, by me no less. "Clarifications" followed after that post.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by Firewind
4 for 4, and the pattern I see is for all points, including bonuses, to post mid-day US east coast time, three days after departure, even if that third day is at the weekend.
this pattern held true for me.

checked out the 24th and points posted today, the 27th. Got a bunch of points on top of the 50,000.

20x for the room
20x for the food (didn't buy any food, but somehow got 200 pts)
25% bonus on the room
25% bonus on the food
2000 for silver member online booking
2000 for "Next Stay" bonus

thank you to Club Carlson and to the Flyer Talk community!!!!

Edit: My stay was a BRG stay. Unlike others, I was charged the booking rate when I reserved the room and got the difference as a credit on my card when I checked out. Some mentioned never seeing a charge when they did a BRG.

Last edited by DrSifu; Jun 28, 2012 at 12:34 am
Old Jun 27, 2012, 2:29 pm

Further for those still learning Club Carlson, such as myself...

DrSifu's post reminds me: Another thing I meant to mention was that with points + cash, the 5,000 came off at booking. (Though when I canceled one, the points were back in my account instantly.) But all the bits DrSifu mentions nearly canceled out the 5,000 loss.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Never mind... found what I was asking about !

Last edited by Guy Betsy; Jun 27, 2012 at 6:21 pm
Old Jun 27, 2012, 5:39 pm

Is a Day Use only rate a qualifying rate?

I have found a rare 'day use' only rate at an airport hotel (11am-4pm), would this be a qaulifying rate for the bonus points? The only thing in the T&C that make me think possibly not is that the points awarded on a one 'night' or more stay. Anybody know?

Also, it has been 11 days since my last stay at a CC property and the points (base or bonus) have yet to post, is this normal? It was a BRG adjusted rate and I have just submitted a missing points claim.

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.