Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

(EXPIRED) 2012 Big Night Giveaway Promos Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(EXPIRED) 2012 Big Night Giveaway Promos Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2012, 9:57 pm
was jgoggan

Programs: WN 650k+CP; BA 200k; AA 200k; HHonors 450k; IHG 300k Plat; Bonvoy 250k; Rad 225k
Just to make sure... I just signed up for TopCashBack -- using the Conga in the S.P.A.M. section. I then searched for Radisson, found it in the list, clicked the "Get Cashback Now" link -- which took me to Radisson.com. There, I booked my stay at a Radisson for this promotion. I actually then did the same thing two more times for bookings at a Park Inn and another Radisson that I needed.

Everything seemed to go fine, but when I look at my account at TopCashBack on the "My Visited" tab, it lists Radisson in the "recently browsed merchants" section -- but lists nothing in the "recently visited merchants" section (and, below that, it says that I "do not appear to have clicked through to any of our merchants yet."

Is that normal? Does it take a while to even detect the click-through when you book at Radisson.com? Or has something gone wrong.

I used Chrome for two of the bookings and IE8 for another -- just to make sure it wasn't a browser issue...

- John...
Old May 30, 2012, 10:47 pm

Programs: DL-Silver; BA-Bronze
This is normal. They Radisson bookings will show up under "Earnings" tab in a few days. It is yet to be determined whether the Park Inn reservations are included in the 10% cash back - haven't seen anyone report back that they have shown up in their account. See this following thread for more details:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/club-...son-promo.html
Old May 31, 2012, 4:06 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
I just booked my son a room online, and then called the hotel who is giving him a military discount. The front desk guy assured me that the military/govt rate earned points and would qualify for the promo ... but I'm not completely convinced that he knew what he was talking about.
Old May 31, 2012, 6:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
I am more worried about the Cash&Points bookings. Will they count for this particular promotion?
Old May 31, 2012, 7:08 pm

Programs: DL-Silver; BA-Bronze
Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan
I am more worried about the Cash&Points bookings. Will they count for this particular promotion?
This question has probably been answered a dozen times in this thread alone. From the very first post:

Will Points+Cash bookings count? What about corporate rates or airport parking rates?
The promo terms state that the bonus will be given for a stay on any rate for which points are awarded. This includes Points+Cash, 2-for-1 (applicable to Gold members only), rates that include extras such as park-stay-fly, and most corporate rates. For the latter, make sure that your negotiated rate doesn’t specifically exclude points.
Old May 31, 2012, 10:02 pm

The New York Radisson Lexington has been running "hot deals" on their own website (NOT radisson.com; the hotel's specific website is easily google-able) that are $10 or more less than what's on anywhere else, including clubcarlson.com. I assume it's to encourage bookings directly with them, avoiding paying the commission to the brand.

Now, the T&C of the BRG is that if a better rate is found anywhere that's not clubcarlson.com, it will work. This rate is NOT available on clubcarlson.com or Radisson.com, just on the hotel's own website, which uses different booking software from the brand. Unfortunately, the rates are all non-refundable. What does anyone think of the chances of a successful BRG is in this case?
Old Jun 1, 2012, 12:55 am

Programs: Anything CC gives me
Cheapest rate for both Country Inn and Radisson in my area both fall on the same day. Can I book a room at each for the same day/night and fulfill both promos?
Old Jun 1, 2012, 1:24 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Is $70 worth it for 44,000 points?
Old Jun 1, 2012, 5:58 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by blackmamba
Is $70 worth it for 44,000 points?
Yes^
Old Jun 1, 2012, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by booyaa
Cheapest rate for both Country Inn and Radisson in my area both fall on the same day. Can I book a room at each for the same day/night and fulfill both promos?
This question has already been answered numerous times.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by Enigma
This question has already been answered numerous times.
Wow thanks for nothing. Forgive me for not reading the whole thread and not mastering the use of the search function. I don't necessarily need a direct answer, any pointers to the right direction is much appreciated. You taking the time to post something utterly useless just shows either you are too arrogant to help or you simply love stating the obvious, or you don't know what you're talking about. Thanks for all your contributions to this community. Now don't you EVER ask anything that has been answered before.

On the other hand, so far I have only found one instance where someone asked the same question in this thread, but (in my opinion) there's no definite answer. Anybody else have experience with this? Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 8:39 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Wow thanks for nothing. Forgive me for not reading the whole thread and not mastering the use of the search function. I don't necessarily need a direct answer, any pointers to the right direction is much appreciated. You taking the time to post something utterly useless just shows either you are too arrogant to help or you simply love stating the obvious, or you don't know what you're talking about. Thanks for all your contributions to this community. Now don't you EVER ask anything that has been answered before.

On the other hand, so far I have only found one instance where someone asked the same question in this thread, but (in my opinion) there's no definite answer. Anybody else have experience with this? Thanks in advance.
cmon guys...go easy on ppl with the same questions. @Enigma - you could have used the time to type that snide remark to answer his question instead.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 8:40 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl

I don't think it's fair for you to get snappy with Enigma because this has been discussed. If you read the T&C you will determine that the scenario which you asked about will not qualify. I think everyone is getting tired of people just reasking questions that have been discussed previously. (and trying to manipulate the promo which will probably lead to it going away in the future)

Here's a cut and paste so you don't have to search for the T&C:
The Big Night Giveaway Promotion ("Promotion") is available only to Club CarlsonSM members. Promotion is not valid on existing reservations and is subject to availability. To be eligible for the Promotion, members must register online for the Promotion at http://www.radissonbignightgiveaway.com ("Promotion Registration"), provide their Club Carlson member number at the time of reservation or check-in of the Qualifying Stay, and then complete one Qualifying Stay at any Radisson® or Radisson Blu hotel worldwide ("Participating Hotels"). Guest must check in for the Qualifying Stay on or after May 15, 2012 and check out must be completed no later than July 15, 2012 ("Promotion Period"). A "Qualifying Stay" is defined as a stay of one or more consecutive nights in the same room at a Participating Hotel regardless of the number of check-ins or check-outs on a rate for which Gold Points® are awarded in accordance with the Club Carlson Program Terms and Conditions. Guest must be present at the Participating Hotel at both the time of check-in and check-out, enrolled in Club Carlson at or before the time of check-in, and registered in the Promotion no later than the time of check-out (to enroll in Club Carlson, visit www.clubcarlson.com). The first 100,000 guests who complete the Promotion Registration will receive 50,000 Bonus Gold Points after the completion of their Qualifying Stay. After the first 100,000 Promotion Registrations, every guest who completes the Promotion Registration will receive 15,000 Bonus Gold Points after the completion of his/her Qualifying Stay. These Bonus Gold Points are in addition to the standard Gold Points awarded for a stay. Only one Club Carlson account per Qualifying Stay will be credited with the Bonus Gold Points. Maximum of one Bonus Gold Point award will be credited to a member with a Qualifying Stay under the Promotion regardless of the number of Qualifying Stays completed by the member during the Promotion Period. Allow 6-8 weeks for the Bonus Gold Points to post to the member’s account. The Promotion and Gold Points are subject to all Club Carlson Program Terms and Conditions. Rates for each night of a Qualifying Stay may vary. Promotion void where prohibited by law. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Radisson reserves the right to add, modify or discontinue these terms and conditions or the Promotion at any time with or without notice. Radisson is not responsible for: interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections, miscommunications, computer hardware or software or technical failures, Internet Service Provider/network/website accessibility or availability, garbled or jumbled transmissions or other errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical or electronic; including without limitation the incomplete, incorrect or inaccurate capture of Promotion Registration information and any late, lost inaccurate or misdirected Promotion Registration information. By participating in this Promotion, you agree and consent to these terms and conditions.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by christianj
I don't think it's fair for you to get snappy with Enigma because this has been discussed. If you read the T&C you will determine that the scenario which you asked about will not qualify. I think everyone is getting tired of people just reasking questions that have been discussed previously. (and trying to manipulate the promo which will probably lead to it going away in the future)

Here's a cut and paste so you don't have to search for the T&C:
The Big Night Giveaway Promotion ("Promotion") is available only to Club CarlsonSM members. Promotion is not valid on existing reservations and is subject to availability. To be eligible for the Promotion, members must register online for the Promotion at http://www.radissonbignightgiveaway.com ("Promotion Registration"), provide their Club Carlson member number at the time of reservation or check-in of the Qualifying Stay, and then complete one Qualifying Stay at any Radisson® or Radisson Blu hotel worldwide ("Participating Hotels"). Guest must check in for the Qualifying Stay on or after May 15, 2012 and check out must be completed no later than July 15, 2012 ("Promotion Period"). A "Qualifying Stay" is defined as a stay of one or more consecutive nights in the same room at a Participating Hotel regardless of the number of check-ins or check-outs on a rate for which Gold Points® are awarded in accordance with the Club Carlson Program Terms and Conditions. Guest must be present at the Participating Hotel at both the time of check-in and check-out, enrolled in Club Carlson at or before the time of check-in, and registered in the Promotion no later than the time of check-out (to enroll in Club Carlson, visit www.clubcarlson.com). The first 100,000 guests who complete the Promotion Registration will receive 50,000 Bonus Gold Points after the completion of their Qualifying Stay. After the first 100,000 Promotion Registrations, every guest who completes the Promotion Registration will receive 15,000 Bonus Gold Points after the completion of his/her Qualifying Stay. These Bonus Gold Points are in addition to the standard Gold Points awarded for a stay. Only one Club Carlson account per Qualifying Stay will be credited with the Bonus Gold Points. Maximum of one Bonus Gold Point award will be credited to a member with a Qualifying Stay under the Promotion regardless of the number of Qualifying Stays completed by the member during the Promotion Period. Allow 6-8 weeks for the Bonus Gold Points to post to the member’s account. The Promotion and Gold Points are subject to all Club Carlson Program Terms and Conditions. Rates for each night of a Qualifying Stay may vary. Promotion void where prohibited by law. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Radisson reserves the right to add, modify or discontinue these terms and conditions or the Promotion at any time with or without notice. Radisson is not responsible for: interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections, miscommunications, computer hardware or software or technical failures, Internet Service Provider/network/website accessibility or availability, garbled or jumbled transmissions or other errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical or electronic; including without limitation the incomplete, incorrect or inaccurate capture of Promotion Registration information and any late, lost inaccurate or misdirected Promotion Registration information. By participating in this Promotion, you agree and consent to these terms and conditions.
Thank you for taking the time to post the T&Cs, however I do not see which part would disqualify my scenario. Only part I see that may have to do with it is the check-in and out in person part. However, I CAN check-in and out at both brand/places for the same night.

Also, for all those who have no tolerance for repeat/buried questions, don't participate in the US Airways Grand Slam promo (if it comes back) thread. You've been warned.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 8:56 am

Thank you for taking the time to post the T&Cs, however I do not see which part would disqualify my scenario. Only part I see that may have to do with it is the check-in and out in person part. However, I CAN check-in and out at both brand/places for the same night.

Also, for all those who have no tolerance for repeat/buried questions, don't participate in the US Airways Grand Slam promo (if it comes back) thread. You've been warned.
I think you had the misfortune of being right on the same page of someone asking whether cash and point stays qualify, which has been asked like a dozen times. In any event, I think there's one report of someone who did two stays in one night at different hotels and got the points. It would not work at most chains, but maybe Radisson has their computers set up differently. Personally, I wouldn't try it, but YMMV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.