Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Another big night giveaway?

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2012, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by csr12621
Whoa, that's weird. This Facebook link totally CHANGED! Earlier Club Carlson responded to Nianbing Xiong's question on the club carlson's facebook page directly below her question of: "Just have a quick question: will the reservation made before may 15th but check in/out during the bignight give away promotion period, is that eligible for this promotion?"

Club Carlson said "@Nianbig Xiong..." (i'm paraphrasing from memory here), something like "while we don't want to reveal too much information before the release of the full terms and conditions, the short answer is...yes, reservations made before May 15th will be eligible for this promotion."

The fact that the affirmative response has been deleted makes me wonder if they decided that, no, in fact, stays booked before May 15th will NOT be eligible. At least that's what I'm now taking from it and not to rely on any info that has been extracted before the full t&cs are released.
Some blogger had a screen shot of the question and answer from Club Carlson Facebook page confirming that prior reservations would count. I'm not regularly a big blog reader, so I'll have to hunt around to find out which one it was.
Old May 12, 2012, 4:27 pm

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, DL PM, IC RA
Originally Posted by starflyer
Some blogger had a screen shot of the question and answer from Club Carlson Facebook page confirming that prior reservations would count. I'm not regularly a big blog reader, so I'll have to hunt around to find out which one it was.
If they don't honor prior bookings it will be a big PR desaster for CC.
Old May 12, 2012, 7:34 pm

Programs: IHG-Spire, DL-Gold, MR-Platinum, HH-Gold, SPG-Gold, Hyatt-Diamond, BA-Silver
Does anyone know which other US city (Other than Fresno) has all three brands?
Old May 12, 2012, 8:08 pm

Near me - Harrisburg/Hershey PA.

I think some one said Dallas.
Old May 12, 2012, 8:12 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by charms81
Does anyone know which other US city (Other than Fresno) has all three brands?
Dallas - Fort Worth Airport has both a Park Inn and a Country Inn & Suites. Both Dallas and Fort Worth have Radisson Hotels. There is also a Park Inn in Dallas near Love Field and a Country Inn & Suites in Fort Worth.
Old May 12, 2012, 8:29 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by dcpilgrim
Except the hotels near Harrisburg are quite expensive during the promo period (nearly all > $100).
Old May 12, 2012, 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by DCBob
Except the hotels near Harrisburg are quite expensive during the promo period (nearly all > $100).
I've noticed.
Old May 12, 2012, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Just put it on my calendar with a reminder! Yeah buddy! ^
Old May 13, 2012, 3:58 am

Programs: Priority Club Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, BAEC Silver, Hertz #1 Gold, SPG Gold
Just register for all three separate hotel promotions and be grateful that you can earn 138,000 CC points.

Great, but how do I register for all 3?

I can only find the link for the Radisson promo...not Country or Park?
Old May 13, 2012, 7:03 am

Are there inexpensive Radissons in Europe? A Park Inn here in Berlin is fairly cheap, but the Radisson Blu is very expensive, especially by Berlin standards.

Country Inn & Suites is really expensive, too. :|
Old May 13, 2012, 8:27 am

Programs: SQ
Originally Posted by largeeyes
Are there inexpensive Radissons in Europe? A Park Inn here in Berlin is fairly cheap, but the Radisson Blu is very expensive, especially by Berlin standards.

Country Inn & Suites is really expensive, too. :|
There are Radisson Blus in just about every big German city. Dusseldorf has a couple which are less extravagant than the Berlin property. That hotel is actually a good hotel, not a MR hotel.....
Old May 13, 2012, 9:00 am

Programs: Various shiny cards at hotel chains and airlines
There are also some Park Plazas, I wonder if they are going on the same promotion as Park Inns...
Old May 13, 2012, 9:05 am

Programs: IHG-Spire, DL-Gold, MR-Platinum, HH-Gold, SPG-Gold, Hyatt-Diamond, BA-Silver
Originally Posted by DCBob
Dallas - Fort Worth Airport has both a Park Inn and a Country Inn & Suites. Both Dallas and Fort Worth have Radisson Hotels. There is also a Park Inn in Dallas near Love Field and a Country Inn & Suites in Fort Worth.
Originally Posted by dcpilgrim

I think some one said Dallas.
Can I book a hotel in DFW and my local friend there can check-in on his name (put him on reservation as secondary)? Reason I'm asking is that I've been in a situation at a JW Marriott in India where the reservation was on my name but I called front desk to let my girlfriend check-in early in the day since I was flying in late night. But since it was India, where policies can easily be tweaked - does it apply to other hotels in US?
Old May 13, 2012, 9:06 am

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Originally Posted by charms81
Can I book a hotel in DFW and my local friend there can check-in on his name (put him on reservation as secondary)?
That should work fine.
Did you get a good rate there ? @:-)
Old May 13, 2012, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by MrHalliday
That should work fine.
Did you get a good rate there ? @:-)
Haha... not yet - if this was a possibility it would be worth trying. Park/ Country Inn can be had for close to 70 bucks. Radisson I'm yet to look at.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.