Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

(Expired, 2011 promo) Stay One Night at a Radisson, Earn 50,000 Bonus Points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(Expired, 2011 promo) Stay One Night at a Radisson, Earn 50,000 Bonus Points

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2011, 9:12 pm

Programs: SQ
I imagine that if I just do a sort of mattress run on the first day of the promo I'll be one of the first 50,000?

I'm thinking that may be too easy, and that I need to register right after the countdown ends, and book a stay for that same night to probably be assured of getting it
Old Nov 4, 2011, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by benzemalyonnais
I imagine that if I just do a sort of mattress run on the first day of the promo I'll be one of the first 50,000?

I'm thinking that may be too easy, and that I need to register right after the countdown ends, and book a stay for that same night to probably be assured of getting it
Maybe I misunderstood the promotion...I thought you just had to be one of the first 50,000 to register and then complete a stay within the time period allowed...not be one of the first 50,000 to complete a stay...did I read this wrong?
Old Nov 4, 2011, 9:35 pm

Programs: SQ
Originally Posted by bsdstone
Maybe I misunderstood the promotion...I thought you just had to be one of the first 50,000 to register and then complete a stay within the time period allowed...not be one of the first 50,000 to complete a stay...did I read this wrong?
Looks like you're right...that makes it a bit more of a gamble. I still imagine I'll make the first 50,000 if I'm sitting there when the timer hits zero, but no one knows with these things....

I wonder if we'll get a confirmation saying we're indeed one of the first 50k...
Old Nov 4, 2011, 9:42 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, CC Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, DL PM
I read the promotion that you have to be one of the first 50,000 registered to be eligible for the 50,000 points. The points would than be rewarded after a qualifying stay. Therefore, I don't think that a stay needs to happen on November 10 to make sure that you get the points.

I knew that we had a local Radisson, but I was surprised at the lack of Radisson's across the States. I am planning on staying at a couple of Radisson Blu's in Europe next summer and the promo is great.
Old Nov 4, 2011, 11:20 pm

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by benzemalyonnais
Looks like you're right...that makes it a bit more of a gamble. I still imagine I'll make the first 50,000 if I'm sitting there when the timer hits zero, but no one knows with these things....

I wonder if we'll get a confirmation saying we're indeed one of the first 50k...
yeah I hope there aren't more than 50,000 people trying to register all at once when the timer hits zero.
Old Nov 5, 2011, 5:31 am

If you register "when the clock strikes midnight" or thereabouts, I don't think anyone will have a problem being one of the first 50,000 registrants. There probably aren't even that many Club Carlson members with a Flyer-Talk-like devotion to accumulating points and miles out there.
Old Nov 5, 2011, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by jake66
yeah I hope there aren't more than 50,000 people trying to register all at once when the timer hits zero.
I'm not overly familiar with the Radisson program, but given it's relative lack of popularity here, I'd be surprised if there were 50,000 people waiting to hit enter like us FT Nerds!
Old Nov 5, 2011, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

i would strongly prefer a confirmation of being in 50K before booking anything...
Old Nov 5, 2011, 4:22 pm

Would no shows work for this promo? And which Radisson properties are included? Can't find much on their twitter.
Old Nov 6, 2011, 12:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
If we are not able to be in the first 50,000 group to sign up, we will still get 15K points once we've completed a qualifying stay correct? Not bad. That's still good for a free night at a cat 1 or 2 hotel. Not to mention the points&cash opportunities. It's only 5K points (plus cash) per night up to a cat 3 hotel.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Thanks guys! My wife and I have "date night" planned for Thursday, so maybe I'll take advantage of this. The Boston Radisson is $299, so I don't know if this is a deal or not, but 50K points sounds pretty useful. Keeping in mind, of course, that I know nothing about this program.

Mike
Old Nov 7, 2011, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Ric Garrido of Loyalty Traveler Blog met with Club Carlson folks and got answers to many questions folks have asked:
http://boardingarea.com/blogs/loyalt...0-dec-30-2011/
Old Nov 7, 2011, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by onthego15
Ric Garrido of Loyalty Traveler Blog met with Club Carlson folks and got answers to many questions folks have asked:
Very cool...thanks Ric! ^
Old Nov 7, 2011, 1:01 pm

Thanks!!!
Old Nov 7, 2011, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Awesome. Got a $75 stay lined up near my house and will be on the computer and the phone Thursday night to make sure, but I'm on EST so I have to stay up until midnight ! Well worth it for 50k points though ^^^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.