Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Qualiflyer
Reload this Page >

We have been had!!! - major redemption increase

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

We have been had!!! - major redemption increase

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2003, 3:02 pm

Programs: QR platinum
DM was the class mentioned on the EZE tickets
Old Jan 2, 2003, 3:04 pm

is BP a cheap economy ticket ?
Old Jan 2, 2003, 3:14 pm

Programs: M&M FTL, HHonors Diamond, Langham Elite, SPG Corporate Preferred
If they credited the full miles for EZE tickets so far, I would say they have to credit those miles to everybody who booked the ticket before the changes to the program were made. Nobody told us that no miles could be collected on those flights. Do they really think they can make the company profitable by not giving miles to a few savvy FTers ? Quite the opposite I would think...
Old Jan 3, 2003, 1:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Huegli's points is a good one.

For those deciding to vote with their feet, would the DM fare give credit in AA or other programmes?

After all, AA allows 125% credit for business class Swiss flights in C, D, J, R, and W. AA's T+C's state You may accrue mileage only for purchased, eligible, published-fare tickets on qualifying routes used in accordance with all applicable conditions of carriage, tariffs, rules and terms of ticketing and travel which would suggest that AA credit would be OK.
Old Jan 3, 2003, 2:14 am

Programs: M&M FTL, HHonors Diamond, Langham Elite, SPG Corporate Preferred
Roger, I already had the same idea. I guess we'll have to wait and see if anyone taking the trip from now on gets the miles on STC. If not, someone should try AA. If they credit the miles and STC doesn't, guess where my business will go....
Old Jan 3, 2003, 2:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Huegli: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wink.gif

My dilemma (not really a serious one - it's a no brainer) is that BA ask 13,000 miles for LHR-ZRH/GVA roundtrip in Y, and offer 200% mileage for C/J flights. LX and AA require 20,000 miles, and offer 1.5x and 1.25x for C/J flights. That's not difficult for those (like me) who travel between LHR and ZRH/GVA.

The dilemma arises only because I already have a chunk of BA, AA and LX miles. BA and AA miles automatically extend their 3-year life each time the account is used, while LX stop after three years (unless you pay for them to be extended). I think it's getting easier ...

Of course, easyJet prices are sometimes cheaper than the taxes/fees on 'free' tickets, but that's another question all together!
Old Jan 3, 2003, 9:02 am

Am I right in reading that from now on we won´t get miles for EZE? Probably explains why "NO FFP CREDIT" is still in my reservation log....

I think some of those fares MAY stand for government, journalist etc. fares but don´t have the slightest idea about DM.

Jer

[This message has been edited by teahan (edited 01-03-2003).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.