Wiki Posts
Search

Miles for flying IB

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2002, 11:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH Senator, Million Miler but now only Silver DL, No status AA
Miles for flying IB

Flew GVA-MAD-SCL on Saturday on IB. At check-in in GVA I presented my Qualiflyer card with my tickets at the counter. The agent didn't even look at my card. I asked her if the number was in and she said that Iberia doesn't take Qualiflyer. I told her they were supposed to, so she tried to enter the number and it wouldn't work. I ended up giving her my British Air card.

I went to the Swiss TC lounge in Geneva and asked the attendants there about it. One said that Iberia wasn't a partner...the other said that she used to work in Zurich and that she had "heard something about it". I found an issue of the Swiss magazine in the lounge and showed where Iberia is listed as a partner. They both said that they are always the "last to know".

I suppose I could have checked with Iberia in Madrid, but since my BA number was now in the system, I didn't want to create any additional confusion and end up not getting credit from anyone.

I just thought it was pretty bad that know one in Geneva, either at IB or LX seemed to be able to handle this. Surely I can't be the first person to try to check in in GVA with a Qualiflyer card for an IB flight!!!

I fly this route regularly and would rather get the credit on LX (I'm already BA Gold, so no reason to get extra points there). I suppose once the codeshare starts with Swiss I'll be able to book these flights with LX codes and check in at the LX counter. Still it was an unbelievable experience!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.