Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Qualiflyer
Reload this Page >

exit rows on LX 1830 & 1831 ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2002, 12:24 pm
Original Poster

Well, just another question regarding my ZUR-ATH & return flights:

Anybody knows what kind of aircraft Swiss will use on LX 1830 and 1831? And: any ideas about the exit row seats in Y?

According to a Swiss-CallCenter-agent, they are supposed to be in row 23 (?) and have "limited comfort"?

Any hints? And many thanks from a rather tall guy,

Alexander
Old Sep 18, 2002, 12:40 pm

Programs: M&M FTL, HHonors Diamond, Langham Elite, SPG Corporate Preferred
It´s supposed to be either an A-319, 320 or 321, according to the schedule.

On an A-321 it´s row 23, according to my plan, there are no exits rows in Y on the 319 and 320.
Old Sep 18, 2002, 1:52 pm

Speaking about exit-rows in Y; does anybody by chance know about the exitrow on the ZRH-YUL flight (row 28 on an A320-223)? As I was offered this seat by the reservation center, I was wondering whether it also has a window in the emergency door and whether these seat also have a personal screen.

Thanx!
Old Sep 18, 2002, 2:48 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
They do have a personal screen in the armrest (like in C, just a bit smaller) and a window in the overwing exit door. That's a tiny one though.

------------------
airOli, the Swiss Air Line.
Old Sep 19, 2002, 4:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Akki:

According to a Swiss-CallCenter-agent, they are supposed to be in row 23 (?) and have "limited comfort"?

Alexander
</font>
Certain seats in exit rows on the A321 are deemed to have 'limited comfort' due to the slide jutting out and taking some of the legroom.

This only applies to the A and F seats.

Other seats are fine (except for the middle ones of course!!).

Note that on the left-hand side of the aircraft, there are only two seats, E and F. The 'D' seat is removed and replaced by a flight attendant seat.

Additionally you should note that during many meal services, the area immediately in front of all exit rows on the A321 are used to store a service cart. This will limit leg-room for the duration of the meal.

The A319 and A320 only have overwing exits (window type), and so there is no benefit from having the extra leg-room affoded by an exit door.

Regards

WG

[This message has been edited by LHR/MEL/Europe FF (edited 09-19-2002).]
Old Sep 20, 2002, 7:38 am

Thanx Airoli !

[This message has been edited by hypervoyage (edited 09-20-2002).]
Old Sep 20, 2002, 7:52 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF:
Certain seats in exit rows on the A321 are deemed to have 'limited comfort' due to the slide jutting out and taking some of the legroom. ...
</font>
LHR/MEL/Europe, many thanks for this detailed information! FT once again proved to be the prime & reliable source of wisdom... ;-)
Old Sep 20, 2002, 9:20 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF:
[b] Certain seats in exit rows on the A321 are deemed to have 'limited comfort' due to the slide jutting out and taking some of the legroom.

(...)

The A319 and A320 only have overwing exits (window type), and so there is no benefit from having the extra leg-room affoded by an exit door.

Regards

WG

</font>
LHR/MEL/Europe FF Do you know if this also applies to the A330-223 (flying Zrh-Yul)? In other words: do the seats on the exitrow (in my case 28a) have additional legspace?

Thanx!
Old Sep 20, 2002, 4:01 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
On the A330, 28A has tons of legroom (except during takeoff and landing when a F/A is sitting in the jumpseat facing you).

------------------
airOli, the Swiss Air Line.
Old Sep 21, 2002, 5:01 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by airoli:
On the A330, 28A has tons of legroom (except during takeoff and landing when a F/A is sitting in the jumpseat facing you).

</font>
Thanx again Airoli !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.