Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is now the time for comping?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2002, 8:45 am
Original Poster

Is now the time for comping?

With the introduction of three new FFPs to replace QF, I thought that this might a good time to ask for comping status from another scheme. Line of argument: "Dear Swiss, please comp my LH Gold Status in the new Swiss Travel Club program, or I will opt for SN Privilege instead".

Your comments / ideas?
Old Sep 7, 2002, 4:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
I have never known European programmes to permit comping.

More than likely, they'd ask that you fly a few times with LX first to see some sort of dedication with them. And then maybe they might consider.
Old Sep 7, 2002, 5:11 am
Original Poster

Well, the old SR/LX used to comp in the past. In the good old times, when TC qualification was still possible with segments flown and requalification was only 30K for foreign residents, SR/LX sales departments could also endorse customers for status. This was posted in a thread here some months ago, but I'm unable to find it.

Nonetheless, I have around 20k club miles this calendar year alone, including several C-Class flights, and I'm going to miss the 40k line only by around 10k. (And NO, I'm not insane enough to spend 500€ or more for a mileage run just to gain status, particularly now as status would only be with one airline as of 2003, instead of the whole bunch).

TC Silver would be fine, as I am only looking for lounge access. The *A Gold lounge in ZRH Terminal B is a darn long way to walk to (costs you 20 minutes back and forth) and I'd also like access at other airports (the BSL lounge alone is worth gaining status).

[This message has been edited by HajoFlyer (edited 09-07-2002).]
Old Sep 7, 2002, 6:25 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by HajoFlyer:

Nonetheless, I have around 20k club miles this calendar year alone, including several C-Class flights, and I'm going to miss the 40k line only by around 10k. (And NO, I'm not insane enough to spend 500€ or more for a mileage run just to gain status, particularly now as status would only be with one airline as of 2003, instead of the whole bunch).

[This message has been edited by HajoFlyer (edited 09-07-2002).]
</font>
500€ is lot of money just for lounges, I agree. But if you only need 10k Club Miles you can do 2 runs with WebSpecials promotions and then you should have enough to get to TC Siver.

The other solution is to get PriorityPass I don t know the actual price for one year but with it you are able to access all lounges worldwide.

kooks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.