Welcome miles

Old Aug 4, 00, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

Welcome miles

Does Qualiflyer award new members any "welcome miles"? I think I saw something like this when I first joined, but none were ever credited, and I went looking for this again and couldn't find... was I mistaken?

Pedro
Old Aug 4, 00, 12:24 pm

You should've received 1,000 bonus miles.
Old Aug 4, 00, 1:26 pm
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
yes, actual welcome bonus is again 1'000 miles (this was suspended for some months in late 99 - early 00).
Old Aug 5, 00, 7:54 am
Original Poster

yes, i thought so... but I got my "regular" (plastic) card already, I have 2,300 miles from flights in my account, and those miles were never credited...
Old Aug 5, 00, 12:47 pm
JRF

Programs: DL Flying Colonel, Hilton Diamond & a few other lower levls here and there
If I remeber, you were awarded the miles over the first few flights. I can not remeber how it worked, but I knew it spread out over a few flights. A friend just joined. If I find the statement in the office I will grab a look at it.
Old Aug 6, 00, 3:42 am

Biscoito: You only get the 1,000 miles automatically if you registered using a method where this promotion was mention.

However, one phone call to Qualiflyer should sort it out for you.

When I get home I will have a look at my files, Qualiflyer did a promotion earlier this year (targeted at Circle members) where the new member and the Circle member would both get 5,000 miles after the new member has flown 5,000 miles (similar to the LH promotion)- if it is still valid you could always try that?

JRF: The 1,000 miles post in one chunck as soon as your application has been processed.

Nick
Old Aug 6, 00, 5:10 am
Original Member

Merry is right, just phone them and your welcome bonus will be credited.
Old Aug 6, 00, 6:46 am
Original Poster

I applied via their website, and I got a number right away which I used in my first flight with one of their airlines. Nest week I'll start a trip wich will have 6 segments, and a total of arround 4,500 (I hate the 500 miles minimum! LH's 1000 is much nicer http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif )
So I'll end up with 6,500 maybe by then.

Merry, that should be like the LH's Member Gets Member promotion, which the actual member had to propose the new one, so I don't think any current member could still get that. Also, what is the Circle? is it the Travel Club?

Pedro
Old Aug 6, 00, 7:07 am

It is about the same of the LH Member gets Member promotion, and it is possible to get retrospective credit as long as the member is new - you phone them up and ask where your 5,000 miles are, then you say you called them before you registered and they said you could register on-line and they would credit you the 5,000 miles retrospectively http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wink.gif

The only problem is I am not sure when the qualifying period ends (or ended).

Circle is the top-tier in Qualiflyer, after TravelClub.

Nick
Old Aug 6, 00, 7:29 am
Original Poster

hmmm, and who can check that (qualifying period)? and i guess i'd need a Circle member ;P
Old Aug 6, 00, 8:01 am

Of course the 5,000 miles mean nothing to me, but if it helps you.... http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wink.gif
Old Aug 7, 00, 5:56 am
JRF

Programs: DL Flying Colonel, Hilton Diamond & a few other lower levls here and there
Nick,

I stand corrected, I looked at my statement on-line and noted that the bonus was a one time credit. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif

Search this Thread