Search

SR - AA

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 1999, 5:28 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
SR - AA

Mr Reutlinger's (SR's boss heading the Sabena management) yesterday:[*]talks with AA are very advanced: so far SR-AA agreed on code-shares starting nov-99 for BOS, MIA, ORD, IAD and starting jan-2000 for 'another' 24 destinations in the 'N' and 'S' of the USA (no details given).[*]SR might take over the majority of Sabena shares next year already (earlier than previously expected, actuall SR holds 49,9%)[*]SR/Sabena are finalizing/preparing/creating a joint-venture managing company to run 'the french business' of AOM and the SR-Group (as SR has doen with Sabena already) as 'one', based in France.[*]SR Group wants to be/to become one of the 5 'major' European carriers in the next 3 years (... I am counting: BA, Lufthansa, Air France, KLM/Alitalia, Iberia, SAS, Aeroflot ...)[*]SR Group doesn't want (yet?) become a oneworld-member.
Old Oct 29, 1999, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Rudi, thanks for the timely update. I am really curious how this SR-AA situation will unfold and especially what the reciprocal program benefits will look like.
Old Nov 3, 1999, 4:08 am
Suspended

Programs: BA, SQ, AA, QF, CX, VS
And to complicate matters, Lauda Air of Austrian Group, recently announced that they are codesharing VIE-LGW flights with BRITISH AIRWAYS ! Now this gets complicated !
Old Nov 3, 1999, 7:50 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
a very 'in depth' analyze of this is found in the newest 'FACT's number, in german: http://www.facts.ch/stories/9944_wir_swissair.htm

FACT's is THE swiss business/politics weekly publication/magazine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.