Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Swissair to Join Oneworld?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 1999, 12:56 pm
Original Poster

Swissair to Join Oneworld?

What is the current talk about Swissair joining the oneworld alliance? I think this would be great, as Swissair is probably my favorite airline.

Swissair (and the other Qualiflyer airlines, I presume) have dumper Delta and their DL/AF/Aero Mexico alliance. Are they looking into oneworld? If SR joins oneworld, would Austrian and SN join too?

I can only hope that Swissair joins Oneworld. Then, that would make me stay with AA and oneworld, over switching to UAL and Star.

What are the rumors on this topic?

NY Emerald Flyer
Old Oct 24, 1999, 1:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA, SQ, AA, QF, CX, VS
Obviously you have not been reading the STAR alliance column.

Austrian , Tyrolean and Lauda Air will be moving over to STAR alliance by next summer.

Swissair was looking for another partner to service its eastern european sectors. Now it looks like LOT is it.
Old Oct 24, 1999, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

So there is no chance of Swissair joining oneworld?

Too bad :-(

NY Emerald Flyer
Old Oct 24, 1999, 5:54 pm
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
SR is getting closer to One world (first step American Airlines) - a further (more code-shares and may be a participation in ff-programs SR-AA) announcement from SR is expected in the next days.
Old Oct 25, 1999, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I heard from a SR person here in the U.S. that there was a major meeting between SR & AA last week (10/20) and the result were "encouraging" and an annoucement is expected very soon. Of course, BA and the other European one-world partners will voice their comments & issues too before this is finalized.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.