Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR Routes with First Class?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2007, 4:58 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL, SPG Gold , HHonors Diamond ,Marriott Gold Elite
QR aircraft switching

Travelling QR to MLE via DOH on 23 Dec. When I booked aircraft was 346 on QR12. Looked last night and it is now 333. I am in J cabin. Checked F seat assignment on expertflyer & only 1 seat allocated in F cabin.

Which configuration do they fly on the LHR/DOH sector the 305 seat or the 259 seat version?

Do you have to do seat assignments via QR or can they be done online?
Old Nov 21, 2007, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Would I be correct in assuming that the 'F' cabin on the A320/A321 is really just a version of US domestic F i.e. business class.

Any views on the seat pitch to expect, and service on a route like SAH-DOH. I assume you get access to the F lounge in transit, but by bus.
Old Nov 21, 2007, 3:22 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
Would I be correct in assuming that the 'F' cabin on the A320/A321 is really just a version of US domestic F i.e. business class.
Yes. (2 cabin service with F & Y on most shorthaul.)

Any views on the seat pitch to expect, and service on a route like SAH-DOH.
Dunno!

I assume you get access to the F lounge in transit, but by bus.
Yes you do. The bus is airconditioned, although often set to a freezing blast of icy air!
Old Nov 22, 2007, 12:46 pm

Programs: Too many...and an Amanjunkie
Originally Posted by AJLondon
The bus is airconditioned, although often set to a freezing blast of icy air!
Yes, that's their signature service for F regional pax on their First class club seating buses !
Old Nov 26, 2007, 2:53 pm

QR 777 F Cabin

[QUOTE=Dudster;8735373]QR generally operates three types of service: Three cabin (First/Business/ Economy), two cabin (First/Economy), and two cabin (Business/Economy). The aircraft that operate two cabin F/Y are the same as those that operate two cabin C/Y. The difference is the catering, lounge access, mileage earning, etc. Generally, Two cabin aircraft operate as F/Y in the Arab world (Gulf/Levant/North Africa) and C/Y in the rest of the world.

I presume you are asking about three cabin aircraft, which are available on many or most flights on the following routes:
LHR (almost always)
CDG (almost always)
FRA (usually)
MUC (frequently)
GVA/EWR (always)
IAD (always until 777 takes over Jan 1)
HKG (almost always)
KIX/ICN (always)

/QUOTE]

This was an informative message. Thanks. I was not aware that the IAD flight would change to 777 service in the new year.

Can one assume that the F suites on the 777 are identical to those on the AB340-600? I really do like those suites. Will the layout still be 1-2-1?

I assume there will be no F lounge on the 777, but would be delighted to be told otherwise. Is there a site to learn about the features of the new QR 777's?

Thanks again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.