Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New QR Plat member

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2024, 3:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGLFL, LH Sen, Alitalia Platinum, Hilton Plat, SPG / Marriott / Carlsson Gold
New QR Plat member

Hi all. Relatively new to QR. I am Plat until October '24. I have 871 Q Points. How many more do I need to earn to maintain Plat? TIA!
Old Mar 29, 2024, 4:08 am

You need to accrue 540 qpoints during the 12 months ending on your current membership year expiry date. Or 1,080 qpoints during the 24 months ending on your current membership year expiry date.

The total you see now is a rolling 12 months total, some of which will not have been earned during the current membership year and will drop off that total by October.

But if you are seeing 871 now, it sounds like you would need maximum another 209 before October to requalify using the 24 month total.

Alternatively, if you have earned most of those 871 since October 2023, you may already have enough or need fewer than 209 using the 12 month total.

You can run an activity statement from your member dashboard to check. Start it from the first day of your current membership year in Oct 23, ending today. Subtract the total this period (shown towards the top) from 540 to see how many you still need using the 12 months calculation.

If you also then run another statement for Oct 22 to Oct 23, and add that total to the one above, you'll know for sure how many you have so far during the 24 month period to Oct 24. Again, you may already have enough or need fewer than 209.

Sounds complicated but it's not really once you get started!
Old Mar 29, 2024, 8:58 am

On top of what KC said, as a platinum the QCalculator will give an accurate remaining amount if you're looking at yearly/540 QPoints.

Just log in and visit https://www.qatarairways.com/en/Priv...alculator.html

Under the main pane it'll show you the required QPoints for maintenance before your anniversary date.
aphro likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2024, 9:25 pm

Programs: QR Plat, NZ*E, LT AA Plat, LT Bonvoy Plat + countless others
I'm trying to figure out how the requalification works...

I qualified for QR Platinum for the first time in February 2024 (I started flying QR in late 2023), valid until Feb 2025. Obviously ex-AKL, Qpoints accrue quickly!

My next segment (end of April) will take me over 1080 Qpoints which I understand is a qualfication threshold milestone - but i'm not clear if this extends my status to April 2026, Feb 2026 or no further.

Obviously there is value for me maintaining Plat on QR, but as far as I can tell no benefits once Plat is reached? Is there is any benefit to continue to accrue to QR after I pass this 1080 Qpoints? I have been wondering if I should have been more strategic on when I credited to QR vs. another program - assuming it's a look back system on tier status?

Finally, is it possible to have the PNR have one program for status and another for accrual - i.e. QR Plat OWE for status (when flying QR) and accrue to AA?

Old Apr 13, 2024, 12:49 am

Programs: QR PC, BA EC, KrisFlyer
Originally Posted by Gekko
My next segment (end of April) will take me over 1080 Qpoints which I understand is a qualfication threshold milestone - but i'm not clear if this extends my status to April 2026, Feb 2026 or no further.
Tier renewal is based on Qpoints accrued over the past 12 or 24 months. So in February 2025, you will need to have earned either 540 Qpoints in the previous 12 months (from Feb 2024 to Feb 2025) or 1080 Qpoints in the previous 24 months (Feb 2023 to Feb 2025). Only Qpoints earned in the preceding 12 or 24 months (27 Feb 2025 in your case) count towards renewal, so if you've earned all the 1080 Qpoints after Feb 2023, your tier will be renewed in Feb 2025 (valid till Feb 2026) even if you do not earn any new Qpoints till then.

Obviously there is value for me maintaining Plat on QR, but as far as I can tell no benefits once Plat is reached? Is there is any benefit to continue to accrue to QR after I pass this 1080 Qpoints? I have been wondering if I should have been more strategic on when I credited to QR vs. another program - assuming it's a look back system on tier status?
You will get 10 extra Qcredits for every 100 Qpoints earned over 600 Qpoints during a membership year. So if you've earned 1000 Qpoints from Feb 2024 to Feb 2025, you will get extra 40 Qcredits when your tier renews in Feb 2025.

Finally, is it possible to have the PNR have one program for status and another for accrual - i.e. QR Plat OWE for status (when flying QR) and accrue to AA?
No. Only 1 FFP is attached to your flight itinerary, which makes sense considering it's a 'loyalty programme'.
Old Apr 13, 2024, 1:05 am

Thanks!

So, probably makes sense to find another program to credit to - thinking QF, although the status point earn rates are pretty low for QR flights credited to QF.

Last edited by Gekko; Apr 13, 2024 at 1:10 am Reason: spelling and premature posting.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 1:56 am

Programs: QR Gold, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, GHA Titanium, Taj Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Originally Posted by billy.f
No. Only 1 FFP is attached to your flight itinerary, which makes sense considering it's a 'loyalty programme'.
Two FFP numbers can technically be tagged to your PNR. Inside airline booking systems like Amadeus are two fields known as FQTV and FQTS:
  • FQTV: Frequent flyer number for mileage accrual
  • FQTS: Frequent flyer number for status benefits
While this can't be done online on the QR website, a knowledgeable CSO should be able to input this for you. Easier will be to change your FF number to the one for Mileage accrual at the gate.
Old Apr 17, 2024, 1:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Obviously there is value for me maintaining Plat on QR, but as far as I can tell no benefits once Plat is reached?
I don't understand your question. Of course there are benefits which you will receive at QRPC PLT. Link.
Old Apr 27, 2024, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
I don't understand your question. Of course there are benefits which you will receive at QRPC PLT. Link.
I meant, since I am PLT and have reached 1080 points (in about 9 months), there is little incentive to continue to accrue to QR until I need to renew PLT in 2 years.
Old Yesterday, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
I meant, since I am PLT and have reached 1080 points (in about 9 months), there is little incentive to continue to accrue to QR until I need to renew PLT in 2 years.
If you're talking about accruing your flights to QRP, you have a point.

But if you're talking about continuing to fly QR, the incentive is that you will enjoy the benefits of QRPC PLT, from increased mileage earnings to Al Safwa admission with paid J tickets. To me, that's the whole point of accumulating status in a program, -- reaping and enjoying the benefits.
Old Yesterday, 5:19 pm

Agreed. I will continue to fly QR - the entire discussion was around building yet another OWE status (QR, AA). Given location I’ll look to add QF this qualifying year since I’m safe with QR through 2026.

Having just come off a long haul QR service in J, but using QF Sapphire status, I will say there is a marked difference in the quality of in-flight service (obviously better when they see Platinum on the manifest).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.