Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Just made gold qatar airways but something went weong

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2024, 9:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Qatar Airways

I have made Gold on Qatar Airways recently upon landing to DOHA from JFK.

I have been exclusively flying Qatar Airways since 2016.

Business Class Qsuites to attain my tier status. The only way for me to fly 12-15 hours flights.

So you can imagine my disappointment when I couldn’t check in on my mobile (even before Gold- it’s always been difficult to check online - I had to go to airport to check in).

now with Gold - I wasn’t able to download it to my Apple wallet.

I talked with the staff at AlSafwa which I frequented often. They were eager to help me and nothing was resolved. It escalated to the tech department but now I tried updating App, redid password, etc. nothing is resolved still and I keep the same annoying messages as I did from the beginning;Something went wrong. Please try again later.

how can you resolve this. It’s been driving me crazy with all the leg work I did and still can’t download my QR GOLD digital card to Apple Wallet.

This Privilege Club / Apple Wallet needs to be resolved. Or else QR will be losing loyal flyers.

If anyone has a similar issue and knows how to resolve this- please let me know. It’s funny how you can view your digital card but you can burbled to Apple wallet but to desktop etc.

Thanks!
Old Mar 29, 2024, 1:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by aqua108
This Privilege Club / Apple Wallet needs to be resolved. Or else QR will be losing loyal flyers.
You, perhaps, but I doubt very many others. I would hazard a guess that few regular flyers select an airline based on the app. I would think that things like price, schedule, service, food, FFP, alliance, seat comfort, cities served, etc., all are much more relevant.
nexusCFX and AR_B like this.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 3:37 am

Programs: QR Gold, *A Gold, IHG Plat., Hilton Gold, Etihad Guest Gold
While this doesnt solve your problem.
I have only ever needed my card once and even then it did not solve the issue I had. The scenario was flying as QR Gold on Iberia and which boarding Zone I could board with. I was not allowed to board with Zone 1 despite showing them my card and the sign with the one world colors.

Other than that - Yes it is annoying you want your card in the wallet, but if you quote your FFP number on your booking, all your benefits are available. The lounge passes live in the App, so if you ever need to use those you can open the app. Again not watering down your frustration, but perhaps this is not as critical as it may seem in the near term while QR gets it resolved.
aphro likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 5:21 am

I also think I may have only ever shown my physical or digital card once. That was to get me into a JAL lounge when I wasn't flying with them. And if I’m honest, I probably didn't really need to show it then either as everything is coded into the boarding pass.

Last edited by KingCanute; Mar 29, 2024 at 7:35 pm
Old Mar 31, 2024, 5:44 pm

Programs: CX MPC, AC Aeroplan
Originally Posted by KingCanute
I also think I may have only ever shown my physical or digital card once. That was to get me into a JAL lounge when I wasn't flying with them. And if I’m honest, I probably didn't really need to show it then either as everything is coded into the boarding pass.
I was once at JNB, flying Qatar but wanted to visit the BA lounge instead of the contract lounge. The lady insisted that I need to show her the digital card even though I pointed out mine is a biz ticket (which alone should grant me access) and membership info are all printed on the boarding pass anyway. Strange but sometimes it's handy to have the card ready.
KingCanute likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 6:53 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Hang on... the only issue here is that you can't store your Privilege Club in Apple Wallet???? But you can still see the card in the QR App?

Seems a completely bizarre reason to stop using QR if so!
Old Apr 1, 2024, 8:42 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by aqua108
I have made Gold on Qatar Airways recently upon landing to DOHA from JFK.

I have been exclusively flying Qatar Airways since 2016.

Business Class Qsuites to attain my tier status. The only way for me to fly 12-15 hours flights.

So you can imagine my disappointment when I couldn’t check in on my mobile (even before Gold- it’s always been difficult to check online - I had to go to airport to check in).

now with Gold - I wasn’t able to download it to my Apple wallet.

I talked with the staff at AlSafwa which I frequented often. They were eager to help me and nothing was resolved. It escalated to the tech department but now I tried updating App, redid password, etc. nothing is resolved still and I keep the same annoying messages as I did from the beginning;Something went wrong. Please try again later.

how can you resolve this. It’s been driving me crazy with all the leg work I did and still can’t download my QR GOLD digital card to Apple Wallet.

If anyone has a similar issue and knows how to resolve this- please let me know. It’s funny how you can view your digital card but you can burbled to Apple wallet but to desktop etc.

Thanks!
Well if the digital card is so important for you, then just log into your accout on our computer, download the card from there, copy it to your phone and store it there somewhere or just print it. Dont understand whats the issue.

PS: I am QR Platin and i never need to show the card anywhere nor someone asked me to show the card. Its just of no use in my opinion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.