Wiki Posts
Search

QR business lounge in SEA

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2024, 6:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K (Million Miler). AA Gold (lifetime 1 Million). TK Elite Gold
QR business lounge in SEA

Hello. Which lounge in SEA is considered to be most comfortable for a pax flying business SEA-DOH?

Thanks for any responses.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 6:17 pm

Programs: AA Platinum for Life (2MM), BR Gold, AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold
You have two choices.

(1) The “native” lounge, which is the BA one. It’s in the South Satellite, very close to the departure gate for this flight. This lounge is nothing special, although lately they’ve added better food options. It’s smallish and a bit cramped.

(2) The Alaska lounge in the North Satellite. It’s on the other side of the airport and takes three shuttle trains to get from there to the South Satellite from which your flight will depart (takes about 15 minutes total). This lounge is cavernous and less cramped… and *if* you can score the right seats it’s also (debatably) more comfortable. The food options aren’t really any better than the BA lounge even though at first glance it feels like they will/should be. Also if it’s really crowded they might deny you entry.

If I have a couple of hours I sometimes go to the AS lounge in N Satellite just for the exercise. And then wonder why I bothered.

Verdict: BA lounge.

(You could probably also enter a different AS lounge but I wouldn’t bother since it’s gonna be no better than lounges I described above, by any measure I can think of. I’ve lost track of where else Alaska still has lounges — the one in Terminal C maybe is still open?)

Also: the calculus above is identical for Japan Airlines and BA Seattle flights.
florin and qraec777 like this.

Last edited by tai4de2; Mar 31, 2024 at 6:26 pm
Old Apr 2, 2024, 9:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
The AS lounge in N has barista-made coffee and espresso drinks, which are a draw for some including me.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 1:14 pm

Just anecdotal as I've only flown QR from SEA once, but if you're going off to other lounges make sure you're back before the boarding time stated on the boarding pass. We left the Amex lounge at the boarding time, figuring it would take 30min+ to board a full 777. It only took 5-10 min to get over to the south terminal, but there was a panicked QR agent down at the train platform yelling our names, and we were the last to board. We got politely scolded for not being at the gate right at boarding time and also having the nerve to not be in the "correct" lounge.

Flying QR again next month and we'll be back at the gate, or at least in the BA lounge, before actual boarding time!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.