Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Understanding transfering from BA Avios to QR Avios

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2024, 11:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP

Excuse me for being daft... but I'm trying to understand the two.
I'm only thinking of transfering BA Avios to QR Avios for upgrading purposes. Are any fares upgradeable on QR or only specific fare types? Or should I leave my Avios (transfering about 100K from Amex Canada) Is it a good use of Avios then?
Old Mar 27, 2024, 11:55 pm

This is a useful link for how you might use them for upgrades:

https://www.qatarairways.com/en/Priv...o%20fill%20out.

Check the T&Cs at the bottom. Some fare buckets are excluded.

Generally speaking, there would need to be availability to book a standard price redemption in the higher cabin in order to upgrade in advance with points. Or upgrades at the airport would be subject to space and catering available.

You can leave your avios at BA until you need them, transfers are instant in my experience, or the linked accounts feature should draw from both if you don’t have enough at QR. But you may need a minimum number in your QR account first in order to search for award space.

Last edited by KingCanute; Mar 28, 2024 at 12:01 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.