Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Beer Shortage

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2024, 9:16 am
Original Poster

Beer Shortage

Just tried 4 lounges in DOHA. Only available beer is Budweiser . "we have a delivery problem" Presumably Budweiser's still available as so few like it.
nancypants likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2024, 10:27 am

This is one where the explanation is either true or it's a cost cutting move that will be the epitome of "shooting yourself in the foot". Some will go for Budweiser if their beer is in stock, but the few cents they are saving on each beer pales in comparison to anyone who says "eh, not a Budweiser fan, I'll do champagne instead" and costs the airline $5 more cost per glass than just serving a European macro beer.
Old Feb 22, 2024, 7:37 pm

Cost cutting conspiracies are always a popular first option for some reason. But there has been widspread coverage of current shipping problems through the Red Sea
Old Feb 22, 2024, 10:54 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Weren't the only beer choices Stella or Budweiser anyway?
Old Feb 23, 2024, 12:58 am

Programs: EK Gold, QR Gold, EY Silver, Jumeirah One Gold, GHA Discovery Titanium, Sixt Diamond
I was in AS lounge 24 hours ago and they had Bud and Stella available. Shortages are shortages though, doesn't always mean a conspiracy.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 1:09 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
I was at the QDC three weeks ago and there was a shortage of LOTS of products (I observed there was no pork sausage, no King Robert spirits, no boxed wine). I asked and they said it was all delayed due to the bottleneck in the Red Sea. They hoped to have new product in within a few weeks. Who knows!?!?!
KingCanute likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 9:35 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

When I was in Doha in October, nowhere had Stella. The pumps were there, but it was Heineken only. I assumed it was some supply issue.
Old Feb 25, 2024, 6:06 am
JKG

Programs: Privilege Club, Miles&Bonus
Originally Posted by flatbed13
Just tried 4 lounges in DOHA. Only available beer is Budweiser . "we have a delivery problem" Presumably Budweiser's still available as so few like it.
Checked the expiry date?
Maybe THAT'S what happened to all that Bud that they couldn't sell during the World Cup after the last minute ban on selling alcohol in stadiums
(joking, supposedly that was sent to Argentina as the winners - or was it?)
florin likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2024, 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by SullyofDoha
I was at the QDC three weeks ago and there was a shortage of LOTS of products (I observed there was no pork sausage, no King Robert spirits, no boxed wine). I asked and they said it was all delayed due to the bottleneck in the Red Sea. They hoped to have new product in within a few weeks. Who knows!?!?!
They haven’t had any boxed wine since December! Beer selection has always been poor anyway. I’m not looking forward to my pre Ramadan shop!

From what I’ve seen though, there hasn’t been any issues in the bars or restaurants so I’m not sure if it’s a supply issue that’s affecting the lounges?
Old Feb 25, 2024, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by JKG
Checked the expiry date?
Maybe THAT'S what happened to all that Bud that they couldn't sell during the World Cup after the last minute ban on selling alcohol in stadiums
(joking, supposedly that was sent to Argentina as the winners - or was it?)
They were selling it all off really cheap last summer before it all went out of date! About a quarter of the cost of a normal priced crate! Very cheap for Qatar anyway!
JKG likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2024, 10:13 pm

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Originally Posted by Ben_W
They haven’t had any boxed wine since December! Beer selection has always been poor anyway. I’m not looking forward to my pre Ramadan shop!

From what I’ve seen though, there hasn’t been any issues in the bars or restaurants so I’m not sure if it’s a supply issue that’s affecting the lounges?
I'm going to QDC on Saturday. Will be interesting to see if anything has been restocked (fingers crossed).
Old Feb 26, 2024, 3:31 am

Programs: QR Gold, Skyteam Silver, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by lowfareair
This is one where the explanation is either true or it's a cost cutting move that will be the epitome of "shooting yourself in the foot". Some will go for Budweiser if their beer is in stock, but the few cents they are saving on each beer pales in comparison to anyone who says "eh, not a Budweiser fan, I'll do champagne instead" and costs the airline $5 more cost per glass than just serving a European macro beer.
If only it were a European beer..but its the tasteless american version😅
lowfareair likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.