Wiki Posts
Search

Qatar new routes/wishlist 2024

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2024, 8:01 am
Original Poster

Qatar new routes/wishlist 2024

Hello,

I was wondering what routes you expect to see Qatar launch in 2024. Either wish list routes or resumptions (such as returning to Cardiff). Or routes that you’ve heard rumours about being launched.

I see Lisbon has been announced, but what else would you like/do you expect to see this year?
Old Feb 22, 2024, 8:42 am

Surprised there has been no mention of Chiang Mai in recent high seasons, given the pent up demand post Covid.
fender5787 likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2024, 8:44 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum
Originally Posted by SW7London
Surprised there has been no mention of Chiang Mai in recent high seasons, given the pent up demand post Covid.
We made frequent use of the Chiang Mai flight. Fares were ridiculously cheap!
fender5787 likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2024, 9:03 am
Original Poster

Perhaps Krabi too? I think they used to serve that one pre-pandemic too and even Pattaya at one point too.
Old Feb 22, 2024, 9:13 am

Programs: QRPC, BAEC
What happened to Buenos Aires? They announced resumption last year but nothing has happened since then

They also announced Tashkent recently due to start in June.
Old Feb 22, 2024, 12:13 pm

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by SW7London
I keep on saying QR should absolutely restart the CNX route, especially when they get their 321neos as I thiiink they would have the range.
Old Feb 22, 2024, 4:33 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club - Silver
Langkawi!
Old Feb 23, 2024, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by westmidlandsguy
Langkawi!
Yep! Was bound to LGK and PEN in 2020, then came the pandemic
Old Feb 23, 2024, 9:03 pm

Programs: BA Silver / Aegean
My QR wish list

As a Brit. Leeds/Bradford LBA. LBA would be a groundbreaker and scoop up Yorkshire folk into the network.

Overseas I agree I'd like to see Buenos Aires EZE resumed and possibly Santiago de Chile SCL extended.

In S Africa I think QR could develop Durban like Emirates. Does Qatar fly to Mauritius MRU? If not this is a hole in their network

Gothenburg service would be nice for Scandanavians.

I don't think QR flies to Dusseldorf or Hamburg which is ludricous but may be because of German bi-lateral arrangements

SE Asia resorts have been covered above

For Oceania Christchurch with an Aussie tag could work from Cairns. Both need direct input into the worldwide network. Remember Christchurch only served by SQ long haul I think.

well that's my answers on a postcard for QR route planning! My day rates are $ xxxx !

Cheers everyone
Old Feb 23, 2024, 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by steveggetit
For Oceania Christchurch with an Aussie tag could work from Cairns. Both need direct input into the worldwide network. Remember Christchurch only served by SQ long haul I think.
Looking at FR24 for this week EK has DXB-SYD-CHC, CX has HKG-CHC, CZ has CAN-CHC and UA has SFO-CHC.

CNS would be an interesting route though.
Old Feb 24, 2024, 2:30 am

Programs: QR Gold
Originally Posted by steveggetit
As a Brit. Leeds/Bradford LBA. LBA would be a groundbreaker and scoop up Yorkshire folk into the network.

Overseas I agree I'd like to see Buenos Aires EZE resumed and possibly Santiago de Chile SCL extended.

In S Africa I think QR could develop Durban like Emirates. Does Qatar fly to Mauritius MRU? If not this is a hole in their network

Gothenburg service would be nice for Scandanavians.

I don't think QR flies to Dusseldorf or Hamburg which is ludricous but may be because of German bi-lateral arrangements

SE Asia resorts have been covered above

well that's my answers on a postcard for QR route planning! My day rates are $ xxxx !

Cheers everyone
QR flies to DUS twice daily and announced HAM starting in June I think.

QR also flies to DUR (but via Johannesburg)

I wonder why QR doesn't fly to MRU, which for years EK has a huge monopoly over. Even before this acute shortage of planes, QR never really showed interest.
Old Feb 24, 2024, 3:45 am

Programs: QRPC Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHg Diamond Amb, Sixt Diamond, Avis Pres, AmexCenturion
Originally Posted by QatarA340
QR flies to DUS twice daily and announced HAM starting in June I think.

QR also flies to DUR (but via Johannesburg)

I wonder why QR doesn't fly to MRU, which for years EK has a huge monopoly over. Even before this acute shortage of planes, QR never really showed interest.
My understanding is that DUR will soon move as a tag on to MPM instead of JNB, but absolutely agree it should be a non-stop direct.

MRU as far as I know is blocked by their govt thanks to a cushy deal with EK

CHC would be nice, as would SCL. USA and Canada could always do with more, MCO, LAS, SAN, YYZ, YVR come to mind.
Old Feb 24, 2024, 7:47 am

Programs: QRPC, BAEC
Originally Posted by SAWorldVoyager
My understanding is that DUR will soon move as a tag on to MPM instead of JNB, but absolutely agree it should be a non-stop direct.

MRU as far as I know is blocked by their govt thanks to a cushy deal with EK

CHC would be nice, as would SCL. USA and Canada could always do with more, MCO, LAS, SAN, YYZ, YVR come to mind.
As much as they want to YYZ and YVR will never happen due to the Canadian Govt’s protectionist policies in favour of AC.
Old Feb 24, 2024, 7:47 am

YYZ and TPE, so I don't have to self connect YTZ-YUL and BKK/TYO/KIX/HKG-TPE on my own

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.