Wiki Posts
Search

LHR - SIN. Best options for jet lag?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2024, 11:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold
LHR - SIN. Best options for jet lag?

Hi - I have a work trip coming up and looking to fly from LHR - SIN via DOH with QR in J. Wondering if any QR regulars on this route have any advice on which flight combos they like to beat jet lag. Thx!
Old Feb 15, 2024, 5:38 pm

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
I can't speak on the LHR-SIN routing; I can say that we all experience jet lag differently. One thing that I generally avoid is a late night arrival; having a full night at the destination is very important to me.
Old Feb 16, 2024, 1:59 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by florin
I can't speak on the LHR-SIN routing; I can say that we all experience jet lag differently. One thing that I generally avoid is a late night arrival; having a full night at the destination is very important to me.
Indeed everyone is different so difficult to generalise.

My personal view is avoid morning departure from LHR / morning arrival into Asia at all costs - what happens for me there is I'm wide awake for LHR-DOH and most of DOH-XXX, then just about ready to sleep about two hours before landing into Asia. You then land in Asia at 7AM after no sleep and have to force yourself to stay awake for a full second day to not be massively jet lagged for several days, which is close to impossible. My main route is LHR-BKK and I prefer a late afternoon / evening LHR departure and then the flight which lands in BKK at around 7pm. Light dinner at 9pm-ish, then go to bed and adjust. I agree with @florin the issue with SIN is you can't do this relaxed evening as the evening arrival isn't until 9.40pm, so you're not getting to the hotel until 11-11.30pm at the earliest. My personal preference is to take QR8 (2.55pm LHR departure) then QR948 (2.55pm SIN arrival) on this route. Try to sleep for the first half of QR948 but not the full flight otherwise you might struggle to sleep the following evening in SIN.

Hope this helps!
ambpark likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2024, 2:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A recent thread in the BA forum that got many posts in a few days. But SIN is less of an issue than SYD.
-->tips for surviving BA15 - LHR-SYD
For many arriving later in the afternoon better than early morning. But 10 passengers may have 15 opinions.
ambpark likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.