Wiki Posts
Search

2024 Network Expansion

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2023, 6:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
2024 Network Expansion

From Qatar Airways website with details below. I wonder what other routes will see increased frequency throughout the year and what other cities might start?

Qatar Airways announces its 2024 network expansion with exciting new destinations as well as resumptions, bookable ahead of the New Year. Travellers can start planning their 2024 summer travels with the resumption of Venice, Italy in June, followed by the exciting new destination of Hamburg, Germany in July.

These gateways will act as a vehicle for increased economic and tourism activity as they connect to Qatar Airways’ award-winning network of over 170 destinations. Venice is expected to see high demand from destinations such as Japan, China and Australia while Hamburg will serve as a gateway to South Africa, Thailand and the Philippines.

Qatar Airways Group Chief Executive Officer Engr. Badr Mohammed Al-Meer commented: “As this year comes to an end, we are delighted to present our passengers with new and exciting travel opportunities for the year 2024. Starting with our resumption to Venice and an inaugural flight to Hamburg, Qatar Airways and its hub, Hamad International Airport, continues to position itself on the global map as a leading gateway for international travel and connectivity. We look forward to seeing our passengers uncover new experiences and resume flying to their favourite destinations.”

Travellers looking to spend the 2024 summer in Europe have more choice than ever and can now spend sunny days by the river in Hamburg and enjoy gelato while cruising the canals of Venice.

The announcements come on the back of recent expansion to the Qatar Airways winter schedule which includes increased flight frequencies to key leisure destinations, including Amsterdam, Bangkok, Barcelona, Belgrade and Miami, connecting via the Middle East’s Best Airport, Hamad International Airport in Doha.

Qatar Airways Network Increases:

Venice – seven weekly flights effective 12 June 2024

Doha to Venice departing at 09:00 and arriving 14:20 on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Venice to Doha departing at 16:50 and arriving at 23:10 on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Hamburg – seven weekly flights effective 01 July 2024

Doha to Hamburg departing at 08:35 and arriving at 14:10 on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.

Hamburg to Doha departing at 15:40 and arriving at 22:40 on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.

Doha to Hamburg departing at 2:15 and arriving 07:50 on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. Hamburg to Doha at 09:20 and arriving 16:20 on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.

Qatar Airways’ new flights are available for booking on www.qatarairways.com
Old Dec 21, 2023, 8:00 am

Programs: Some
Given the understandable prioritisation of leisure destinations over business for the foreseeable future, I would love to see LGK come back.
Old Dec 21, 2023, 11:33 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Given the understandable prioritisation of leisure destinations over business for the foreseeable future, I would love to see LGK come back.
Indeed, and hopefully CNX makes a comeback as well!
Richard Bell likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2023, 12:01 pm

I hope either Skopje or Thessaloniki will be restored so we will not need to travel to Sofia or Belgrade by car to catch a Qatari flight
Old Dec 21, 2023, 1:04 pm

..WNZ?
Old Dec 21, 2023, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Is DOH-NAN flyable or too long?
Old Dec 21, 2023, 11:29 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Has Qatar stopped flying to Windhoek?
Old Dec 22, 2023, 3:04 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Gold, Etihad Guest Gold, IHG Diamond, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold
Any news on Cardiff flights starting again???
Richard Bell likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2023, 4:03 am

Originally Posted by safari_7
Has Qatar stopped flying to Windhoek?
Yes, last flight was a few months ago (September/October iirc)
Old Dec 22, 2023, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by fender5787
Indeed, and hopefully CNX makes a comeback as well!

I'm not sure the secondary airports of Malaysia and Thailand were unqualified successes. Certainly U Tapao was a bonkers move, and probably most of the others are more efficiently served by code-shares through Bangkok and KL, freeing up long-haul aircraft for more commercially attractive routes.
KingCanute and SW7London like this.
Old Dec 22, 2023, 6:03 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I'm not sure the secondary airports of Malaysia and Thailand were unqualified successes. Certainly U Tapao was a bonkers move, and probably most of the others are more efficiently served by code-shares through Bangkok and KL, freeing up long-haul aircraft for more commercially attractive routes.
That was before business travel went off a cliff and premium leisure travel spiked, though. Agree on UTP, but I think LGK was getting a nice subsidy in addition to whatever passenger volumes. In some ways QR has already missed the boat after shooting themselves in the foot over aircraft availability (to mix metaphors). Flydubai recently launched flights to both LGK and PEN precisely because of all the premium leisure demand - https://www.timesaerospace.aero/news...awi-and-penang
Old Dec 22, 2023, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
That was before business travel went off a cliff and premium leisure travel spiked, though. Agree on UTP, but I think LGK was getting a nice subsidy in addition to whatever passenger volumes. In some ways QR has already missed the boat after shooting themselves in the foot over aircraft availability (to mix metaphors). Flydubai recently launched flights to both LGK and PEN precisely because of all the premium leisure demand - https://www.timesaerospace.aero/news...awi-and-penang
sure, but as you say, capacity is the key. And it's possible QR will earmark any spare aircraft for routes that generate the most revenue. Premium leisure travel is a nice earner, but the shine gets taken off it when higher fare buckets don't sell and demand for economy seats is weak. But who knows what will transpire.

Flydubai is, of course a different animal, and indeed has UTP on its network. I'm not convinced its entry on a route will be an encouragement for QR to follow.
Old Dec 22, 2023, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
sure, but as you say, capacity is the key. And it's possible QR will earmark any spare aircraft for routes that generate the most revenue. Premium leisure travel is a nice earner, but the shine gets taken off it when higher fare buckets don't sell and demand for economy seats is weak. But who knows what will transpire.

Flydubai is, of course a different animal, and indeed has UTP on its network. I'm not convinced its entry on a route will be an encouragement for QR to follow.
You misunderstand my point, I am saying Flydubai having got there first this time makes it less likely QR will see the business case to go head-to-head now on LGK, not it will encourage QR to follow.
Old Dec 22, 2023, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by Passportinonehand
I hope they bring this one back, too! Its vastly superior to the alternative (Eurowings)
GalaxyChris likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2023, 3:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Passportinonehand
supposedly to start flying again in April, but so far .... not
had my booked flight (01.04) cancelled and are holding off of rebooking

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.