Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Youtuber banned from QR

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2023, 7:14 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Youtuber banned from QR

There are many aviation focused content producers on social media, but one (Josh Cahill) has recently been "banned from flying Qatar Airways".

In his latest video, which was sent to me, he teases that in his next video he will have reports about QR from over 300 ex, and current employees - as well as additional insider information.

While I've no idea what the video will contain, nor indeed had I ever heard of the guy until an hour ago, I thought it would be useful to have this thread in preparation - to try and prevent multiple similar threads being posted on Saturday, when his next video goes live.

M
Old Dec 14, 2023, 7:42 am

Programs: QR Platinum, TK Elite
Waiting to see
Old Dec 14, 2023, 9:00 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
Isn't this the guy who claimed to be "banned from China", but it later came out that he had been overstaying his visa?

I wonder what it takes to be "banned from QR". Trying to enter the cockpit? Chargeback the cost of your ticket? I suppose we'll find out eventually.
Old Dec 14, 2023, 9:04 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Whilst I have no doubt there is perfectly valid criticism of QR and it's practices, you only have to look at his video titles to know he exclusively deals in misconstrusion, clickbait, controversy and drama.

He's hardly taking the moral highground by shacking up with Emirates either.
Old Dec 14, 2023, 9:40 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
Roughly 2min in: "as a flight reviewer [...] you need some people to hold the airlines responsible and that is my sole mission" ... yeah, that and selling key chains and other things I suppose.
Old Dec 14, 2023, 9:53 am

People will be clicking through from here and he'll be making money as a result. No doubt he'll be delighted
mikeyfly and nancypants like this.
Old Dec 14, 2023, 10:49 am

Programs: AAdvantage
Lol

Originally Posted by El_Duderito
Roughly 2min in: "as a flight reviewer [...] you need some people to hold the airlines responsible and that is my sole mission" ... yeah, that and selling key chains and other things I suppose.

funny thing is a I had made a mock vid of how he acts on flight pointing out the most obscure things to my friends so I’m going to guess 98.9 % he’s latest “exposé” will really be about nothing and getting some perk for the “bad PR” of a travel influencer..
Old Dec 14, 2023, 11:29 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by KingCanute
People will be clicking through from here and he'll be making money as a result. No doubt he'll be delighted
While I've said his name, you'll note I've purposefully not linked any of his content.

If the consensus is such, I'll remove any links to his Saturday video, but obviously keep the relevant comments.

M
Old Dec 14, 2023, 11:52 am

Programs: QR Gold, ANA Gold, WY Sinbad Gold
IIRC he has done interviews with Akbar Al Bakar in the past. I wouldn't be surprised if this turns into a story where he is invited by the airline to see their facilities and suddenly he's waxing lyrical again about QR
1Aturnleft, wrp96, Schwann and 2 others like this.
Old Dec 14, 2023, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by El_Duderito
I mean, that's his job and he's doing something he likes. Wouldn't you sell key chains if it allowed you to travel 24/7 on business/first and it's something you like to do?
Old Dec 14, 2023, 2:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
While I've said his name, you'll note I've purposefully not linked any of his content.

If the consensus is such, I'll remove any links to his Saturday video, but obviously keep the relevant comments.

M
Originally Posted by KingCanute
If one really wants to watch it, you can download his YouTube video via a 3rd party service and it avoids any ads/monetisation and viewing figures.
Old Dec 14, 2023, 2:16 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE, MB Gold, ALL Gold, Hilton Gold
His "last-minute" rental car to head to DXB was rather nice... you could see the Maserati logo on the headrest towards the end of his drive so he's doing OK
Get2DaChopper likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2023, 2:53 pm

He's the bloke on a one man mission to bankrupt Sri Lankan because he couldnt get a refund on a non-refundable ticked. How he has amassed such a following is beyond me... complete and utter piece of work.
Old Dec 14, 2023, 3:11 pm

Programs: EK Gold, QR Gold, WY Gold, Delta Silver Medallion
it's either him having the best flight of his life where he gets treated like a VIP or him having the worst flight with really poor service and he gets screamt at. his experiences have always been on the opposite ends of the spectrum, never in between for some reason lmao
Markie, pacman3, Schwann and 3 others like this.
Old Dec 14, 2023, 3:33 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by pampa
Iallowed you to travel 24/7 on business/first and it's something you like to do?
All the other fair and reasonable criticisms notwithstanding, one thing he is not exclusively business/first and he does regularly travel in and review economy, unlike some other youtubers. All youtubers have their own style and approach to amass views, and this particular youtuber does that by being a drama queen, so the latest installment is entirely on brand.
HadesNL and Schwann like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.