Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transit time in DOH -- is 1:45 adequate?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2023, 11:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GLD for LIfe, AA PLT 2 MM miler, B6 Mosaic, Star GLD; HH Diamond; Marriott PLT, IHG Plat
Transit time in DOH -- is 1:45 adequate?

I've never flown through DOH. I would be flying from BOS and changing planes for DXB. Would 1 hour and 45 minutes to change planes be adequate? (I know in small airports that would be fine, but I suspect DOH is not small). What would be a comfortable transit time within the airport?

Thanks.
Old Nov 19, 2023, 11:34 am

Programs: BAEC
Minimum connection time is 45mins and Doha was built from the ground up for transit as this is what 90% of passengers do in Doha, supporting Qatar's spoke and hub operation.

At 1h45 you can assume you can have some time in duty free or the lounges, whatever takes your fancy. Depending on your mobility it can take 20ish minutes to get to the far end C / D / E gates from A / B gates and main lounges and duty free. Having a map of the airport can help orient yourself (there is one in the Doha airport app that doesn't need connectivity). Enjoy your flight and transit.
Old Nov 19, 2023, 11:43 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
The good thing is that a lot of US flights won't have transit security when you arrive in DOH. 1h45m is definitely plenty even if you have transit security (bus gate for example), but doesn't leave time to really enjoy the lounges, etc. But despite it being a huge airport it's very efficient for connections. You'll easily make your connecting flight if you leave BOS on time and chances are going eastbound you'll end up in DOH a bit early.
Old Nov 19, 2023, 6:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Are you in first class for DOH-DXB? If so, did your redeem points or is it a cash ticket?
Old Nov 19, 2023, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
I assume you travel in Y and are BA OWE.
1h45 is plenty for transit.
If you travel in the back of the plane, it might take time to leave the plane, But even then you will be fine.
Old Nov 20, 2023, 1:46 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Doha is for me one of the best three airports in the world.

As Gold for life you should even have time to visit the Business Lounge (assuming you are not in QR Business - see the lounge threads here for more details) which is technically one of the 'less good' lounges, but still miles ahead of what you would experience from any BA lounge at LHR (apart the CCR) and fairly similar to a FLL lounge.
Old Nov 20, 2023, 8:20 am

Programs: BAEC
We had always someone from Qatar waiting for us at the gate and moved us quickly to the next connecting flight. You can also tell the cabin crew and they can check who else has the same connection and do something about it.

So I’d say 1hr 45 min is plenty of time.
Old Nov 20, 2023, 9:48 am

Programs: BA Gold; AS MVP
I agree that 1:45 is plenty of time for a DOH connection when the doors open on your arriving aircraft. My recent experiences, however, have led me to select flights with a minimum of 3 hrs connection time whenever possible. I’ve had too many late arrivals in the US leading to late departures back to the connection airports. Recently my 3.5 hour SEA-IST connection turned into a 1.5 hour connection because of a very late SEA arrival and subsequent departure.
Old Nov 20, 2023, 9:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GLD for LIfe, AA PLT 2 MM miler, B6 Mosaic, Star GLD; HH Diamond; Marriott PLT, IHG Plat
Thanks all.
@Schwann and @brunos, I will be flying business class. I'm OWE.
Old Nov 20, 2023, 9:53 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by shawbridge
I've never flown through DOH. I would be flying from BOS and changing planes for DXB. Would 1 hour and 45 minutes to change planes be adequate? (I know in small airports that would be fine, but I suspect DOH is not small). What would be a comfortable transit time within the airport?

Thanks.
that will be more than enough time

DOH has been built as a transit airport

I have connected, aircraft - bus - terminal - security - gate - bus - aircraft in under 1 hour (was a 1 hr 25 minute connection, inbound was 25 minutes late)

50 minutes is a legal connection
Old Nov 20, 2023, 5:02 pm

DOH is a rather compact airport, it is only 850m from the Bear to the Orchard. With the moving walkways and the train, the furthest points are within 20 min.

In contrast, the ends of Concourses B and C in DXB are separated by 1800m, and EK also operates from Concourse A.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.