Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

8 hours in Doha - can we stay in the lounge?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2023, 2:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL

We will be flying QR into Doha from Oslo and arrive 23:50 and have a connecting QR flight 09:45 the following day. I have BA Gold (Emerald) and assume we can use the lounges for the 8 hours or so we are in the airport? Do the QR lounges have any areas where we can get some sleep?
Old Nov 16, 2023, 5:21 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
Yes if travelling economy you can use the platinum lounge and stay 8 hours. There are circa 4 private cubicles but these tend to be nabbed quickly.
ademanuele likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2023, 6:09 am
Original Poster

With BA Gold an travelling QR Business class I think I have access to Al Safwa First Lounge and Al Mourjan Business Lounge, assume I can access these as well with a stay of 8 hours?
Old Nov 16, 2023, 6:38 am

Programs: OW Sapphire, *A Gold
Originally Posted by ademanuele
With BA Gold an travelling QR Business class I think I have access to Al Safwa First Lounge and Al Mourjan Business Lounge, assume I can access these as well with a stay of 8 hours?
Depends on what business fare you are travelling on. If lite, no AS or AM lounge access.
ademanuele likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2023, 6:41 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
The Platinum lounge is nice. I usually use Al Safwa or the Business ball lounges, I have used the Platinum lounge maybe the times. it's nicer than any BA offering including Galleries first.

There are also quiet room with loungers through out the airport. I am not sure how busy these are or if the are segregated by gender.
ademanuele likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2023, 7:05 am

Programs: BAEC
We will be flying QR into Doha from Oslo and arrive 23:50 and have a connecting QR flight 09:45 the following day. I have BA Gold (Emerald) and assume we can use the lounges for the 8 hours or so we are in the airport? Do the QR lounges have any areas where we can get some sleep?
The Al Mourjan lounge at the gardens have quiet rooms. It’s quite spacious and you can have a shower as well. When my wife and I arrived we had a good few hours of a free lounge. The new lounge is at the C gates and is huge. I’d get there and rest a bit.
ademanuele likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2023, 7:22 am

Programs: QR Platinum
I think Al Sawfa is only for Qatar Platin members travelling in business or not?

Located on Level 3, with a dedicated entrance immediately after the Immigration and Security Check area. Access is exclusive to First Class passengers and Privilege Club Platinum members travelling Business Class with Qatar Airways.
https://www.qatarairways.com/en-hr/l...wa-lounge.html

Last edited by Crisu69; Nov 16, 2023 at 7:30 am
Old Nov 16, 2023, 7:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Deckter
Depends on what business fare you are travelling on. If lite, no AS or AM lounge access.
I will be on a RTW oneworld Explorer which I think will give me access?
Old Nov 16, 2023, 7:40 am

You do not get complimentary access into Al Safwa unless you are travelling on a oneworld First Class ticket. BA Gold sadly means nothing when it comes to Al Mourjan and Al Safwa access. You also do not get access to Al Safwa if you're flying on a QR issued (ie. 157 ticket) P class ticket connecting onto a QR First regional Middle East flight.

In your case you would be permitted into any of the Al Mourjan lounges (South and also the Garden)* as well as the QR Platinum lounge. Yes you will be permitted to stay there for the entire duration of your transit.

*QR issued 157 ticketed P class will not be permitted into Al Mourjan even if you're travelling Business class, it would only be the QR Platinum lounge in this scenario.
plunet and ademanuele like this.
Old Nov 16, 2023, 10:29 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I will be on a RTW oneworld Explorer which I think will give me access?
QR allow lounge access on the basis of the ticket you purchased, not any OW status you may hold. If your onward journey is on a QR business class lite fare, then you wont be allowed into AM lounge, you will be in the cheap seats in the Platinum lounge.
ademanuele and DiamondMile like this.
Old Nov 16, 2023, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Agent69
QR allow lounge access on the basis of the ticket you purchased, not any OW status you may hold. If your onward journey is on a QR business class lite fare, then you wont be allowed into AM lounge, you will be in the cheap seats in the Platinum lounge.
I think the RTW ticket is booking class D so should be good for the lounges...
Old Nov 16, 2023, 10:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I think the RTW ticket is booking class D so should be good for the lounges...
But not Al Safwa First Lounge
ademanuele and DiamondMile like this.
Old Nov 16, 2023, 10:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Agent69
But not Al Safwa First Lounge
Correct. Strangely enough I was on a business class ticket travelling through Doha in May 22 and was directed to the Al Safwa First Lounge, not sure why (may have been a mistake), but was a very enjoyable experience. I have travelled through Doha a couple of times before that and used the Al Mourjan Business Lounge (I was BA Silver at the time).
Old Nov 16, 2023, 12:09 pm

The only "pass" that will give you AS access would be QR Platinum in combination with a QR departure flight, no code sharing.

Oneworld passengers have a dedicated lounge
Old Nov 16, 2023, 1:28 pm

Programs: BAEC | qantas | IHG | Hilton Honors | Priority Pass | Nandos
Originally Posted by DirektornSE
The only "pass" that will give you AS access would be QR Platinum in combination with a QR departure flight, no code sharing.

Oneworld passengers have a dedicated lounge
As AirbusA350 said, if you book a business ticket from somewhere in Europe (for instance) on QR to another airport in the middle east (eg Muscat, Abu Dhabi), your flight to Doha would be in business, but your onward flight would booked into first class. This 'regional' first class would give you access to the Al Safwa lounge, irrespective of your QR or OW status.

The new(ish) Al Mourjan Garden lounge at the C gates is nice, though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.