Search

Oman Air ... can I collect with QR PC?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2023, 6:53 pm
Original Poster

Oman Air ... can I collect with QR PC?

Can I collect Avios when flying on Oman Air? Thanks
Old Sep 30, 2023, 8:05 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, AMAN, FS PP, RW Elite, MO Fanclub, RC STARS, Belmond Bellini, Peninsula PC, Hyatt Privé
According to their website, it appears that you can only collect Avios on Oman Air flights operated by Qatar Airways between Muscat and Doha.

However, the second leg on my upcoming flight from New York to Colombo was switched to an Oman Air A330 and it appears I can still collect Avios on this flight. I'm assuming this is because the flight is technically operated by Qatar Airways here as well...

Anyone have any more info?
Old Sep 30, 2023, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by luxefarer
However, the second leg on my upcoming flight from New York to Colombo was switched to an Oman Air A330 and it appears I can still collect Avios on this flight. I'm assuming this is because the flight is technically operated by Qatar Airways here as well...

I could be wrong but I think you can collect Avios on the second leg because the Oman Air segment is a code-share with Qatar Airways.

I don't think we can collect Avios on QR PC via regular Oman Air flights at this point, until they officially become a One World member.
Old Sep 30, 2023, 8:25 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, AMAN, FS PP, RW Elite, MO Fanclub, RC STARS, Belmond Bellini, Peninsula PC, Hyatt Privé
Originally Posted by Professional Bum
I could be wrong but I think you can collect Avios on the second leg because the Oman Air segment is a code-share with Qatar Airways.

I don't think we can collect Avios on QR PC via regular Oman Air flights at this point, until they officially become a One World member.
Looks like you're right - its a codeshare. Hopefully I still have Al Safwa lounge access with my Platinum status.
Old Oct 1, 2023, 12:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by luxefarer
According to their website, it appears that you can only collect Avios on Oman Air flights operated by Qatar Airways between Muscat and Doha.

The DOH-CMB is a wet lease, so to all intents and purposes is a QR flight and would earn normally in OneWorld frequent flyer programmes.
Old Oct 1, 2023, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
OT but does anyone know anything about the date of WY joining OW? It was supposed to take place in 2024 but haven't heard any update!
Old Oct 1, 2023, 6:08 pm

Okay, thanks for this information!
Old Oct 1, 2023, 8:04 pm
Original Poster

Accoring to an old press release you earn Avios on WY-flights only, operating on the DOH-MCT route and the calculator confirms that because it does not show any values for other citypairs
Old Oct 2, 2023, 3:44 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by Donegal
Accoring to an old press release you earn Avios on WY-flights only, operating on the DOH-MCT route and the calculator confirms that because it does not show any values for other citypairs
the wet lease Oman aircraft will earn as it is regarded as a QR flight, the prime flight number is QR

I doubt Oman fly anywhere direct from DOH except for MCT
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2024, 11:09 am
Used to be 'rockferd'

Programs: AS MVP 75K, UA Gold, HH: Diamond, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Schwann
The DOH-CMB is a wet lease, so to all intents and purposes is a QR flight and would earn normally in OneWorld frequent flyer programmes.
Has anyone been able to confirm this for AA or AS mile accrual?
Old Jan 16, 2024, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by scottishpoet
the wet lease Oman aircraft will earn as it is regarded as a QR flight, the prime flight number is QR

I doubt Oman fly anywhere direct from DOH except for MCT
TUN-DOH and reverse are usually operated by Oman Air. Not sure about how this works for earning purposes though.

Old Jan 16, 2024, 7:44 pm

Programs: A3 *G, BA OWS, VS Gold, IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by zcd9986
TUN-DOH and reverse are usually operated by Oman Air. Not sure about how this works for earning purposes though.

An Oman Air wet lease for all intents and purposes work as a QR flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.