Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qatar Economy Reserve seat

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2023, 5:03 am
Original Poster

Qatar Economy Reserve seat

Does anyone have any experience with buying Qatar Economy Reserve seat? How much does it normally cost, it would be great to get a free middle seat in between myself and my wife
Old Oct 6, 2023, 5:25 am

Programs: QR Platinum, KL/AF Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by woppy101
Does anyone have any experience with buying Qatar Economy Reserve seat? How much does it normally cost, it would be great to get a free middle seat in between myself and my wife
Hello woppy101...I too have many questions about the reserve seat....

The economy reserve seat I have only seen offered on (some) flights to Australia (they may have them on USA flights also...does anybody know?).
I flew to Australia in Y in May on the DOH-MEL (77W) and purchased the reserve seat for Euro 152.70, Because of platinum I could select the "preferred row" 17 and took the window seat K with the reserve seat being J. I booked it online about 4 days before the flight.
A lady was seated in 17 H and the middle seat did stay open.
I did tell her I had purchased the seat as I was kinda lounging half on the middle seat with the arm rest up and offered her to put her bag/pillow/blanket in the middle seat to get it off the floor.
If I recall correctly there was a note on my boarding pass also of the reserve seat.
The flight was (surprsingly) not completely full (30 open seats) and that is probably why it was offered. I think it was worth it (especially compared to the J upgrade offer of Euro 3200 one way) to spread out a little and only having to bother 1 person to use the lavatory compared to 2 if all 3 seats are occupied.

On the return I flew the A380 in Y in the exit row on the upper deck mini cabin from Perth to Doha and the reserve seat was not offered. There was exactly 1 Y seat open on the plane as per Expertflyer.

Anybody has more experience or knowledge about what flights this is offered on etc?? Is it offered only to status holders or to all passengers?
Does QR only offer this if there is more than X seats available? What if you have purchased the reserve seat and then for some reason the flight get oversold last minute and they need the seat to put a pax in? Will you get your money back?

Lots of questions.....but in short....it was worth it.
Old Oct 6, 2023, 6:44 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by woppy101
Economy reserve Adjacent seats $ 55 - $165

https://www.qatarairways.com/en-us/o...-and-fees.html

it seems it is only offered at check in, so may have limited availability depending how full the flight is

https://www.qatarairways.com/en-us/c...rred-seat.html (economy reserve tab)

QR does use ALTEA so I wonder how this works with the ALTEA TS Seat blocks which I assume for QR are based on status
florin likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2023, 1:57 pm

Hello,

I have questions about it too. I booked a flight for 2024, and didn't see Economy Reserve as an option at the time of purchase. I called QA customer service, and asked if I could pay for it. The rep told me that it's only offered at the time of check in, if the flight isn't full.
florin likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2023, 9:04 pm

As a data point: I was offered the Economy Reserve option at check-in for my flight from Doha to Sharjah. The flight appears to be about half full and the ER seats are being offered at QR210 each.
Old Nov 15, 2023, 11:21 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by RSDoha
As a data point: I was offered the Economy Reserve option at check-in for my flight from Doha to Sharjah. The flight appears to be about half full and the ER seats are being offered at QR210 each.
They've got to be having a laugh.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.