Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avios Q-Suite Redemption Only 2x Points?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2023, 5:31 am
Original Poster

Avios Q-Suite Redemption Only 2x Points?

Hi all.

I travel fairly regularly to Europe from Melbourne and I've tried various combinations but can't find any Avios redemptions for business class that aren't 2x Points.

I feel like Qatar are being disingenuous by advertising redemptions are 90k points but there is nothing available at that value. I'm searching all different dates from now until 1 year away and everything is 2x Points.

Is this typical of Qatar? Or can you usually get business redemptions at the base rate of points, as I'm considering making Qatar my preferred airline after using Singapore for a long time.

Thanks.
GalaxyChris likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2023, 8:44 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

I managed to get a MAN-DXB return using standard Avios. Very few dates available though.
Old Aug 19, 2023, 10:11 am

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Guybrush Threepwood
Hi all.

I travel fairly regularly to Europe from Melbourne and I've tried various combinations but can't find any Avios redemptions for business class that aren't 2x Points.

I feel like Qatar are being disingenuous by advertising redemptions are 90k points but there is nothing available at that value. I'm searching all different dates from now until 1 year away and everything is 2x Points.

Is this typical of Qatar? Or can you usually get business redemptions at the base rate of points, as I'm considering making Qatar my preferred airline after using Singapore for a long time.

Thanks.
Yes same from Europe to Asia, only X2
seem a joke
Old Aug 19, 2023, 11:00 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, *G, EK Skywards Silver
Been a few threads like this recently. I have booked plenty of x1 awards. Europe to Asia and vv. Even LHR. All in J. Sometimes F (BKK and ZRH last year). I actually find QR availability pretty good, albeit not necessarily far in advance.
seantheman likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2023, 8:57 pm

I easily booked me and my partner AKL-DOH-MXP in Qsuite for 1x Avios. I think I booked in early July and we're travelling early October.

But no luck for the return; the closest I got was BCN-DOH-SIN. I decided to use BA on a companion voucher Italy-US and cash US to AKL.
Old Aug 21, 2023, 4:23 am

Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, BA Gold
I feel like availability on QR has dried up, especially since the 30% transfer bonus. There used to be very reliable availability on a number of routes I've been keeping an eye out for .... now, barely any 1x seats!!
Old Aug 21, 2023, 8:36 am

Programs: BA, QR status varies from rags to riches - now gold, IHG Diamond Elite
A question - not going to start a new thread as this seems the place. I'm finding the same problem, lots of Avios 2x, not so much normal rate. From FTers experience, if a redemption is Avios 2x on QR metal on the QR website, would the same flight also be Avios 2x if booked through the BAEC site? So would it be better to move some Avios to BAEC and book the same flight from there?
Old Aug 21, 2023, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by Grantosol
A question - not going to start a new thread as this seems the place. I'm finding the same problem, lots of Avios 2x, not so much normal rate. From FTers experience, if a redemption is Avios 2x on QR metal on the QR website, would the same flight also be Avios 2x if booked through the BAEC site? So would it be better to move some Avios to BAEC and book the same flight from there?
You will typically find more reward seats via QR vs BA.. the 2x rewards simply dont show up on BA. Occasionally there are(or at least were) glitches where you could book the same flight cheaper on BA.COM, but like the 1x reward flights these seem to have dried up.
Old Aug 21, 2023, 11:27 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by im.daniel
I feel like availability on QR has dried up, especially since the 30% transfer bonus. There used to be very reliable availability on a number of routes I've been keeping an eye out for .... now, barely any 1x seats!!
The biggest reason was the switch to Avios as a currency, which opened up award seats to a *much* greater amount of people, many of whom have been hoarding millions and millions of avios
Old Aug 22, 2023, 3:29 pm

I managed to book FRA-CPT today for this coming sunday in J 1x avios...I have been monitoring for 7 months and it only became available 4 days before, I think that's quite indicative of how things are going.
GalaxyChris likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2023, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by babyg_wc
You will typically find more reward seats via QR vs BA.. the 2x rewards simply dont show up on BA. Occasionally there are(or at least were) glitches where you could book the same flight cheaper on BA.COM, but like the 1x reward flights these seem to have dried up.
Yea, I don't think the 1x rewards were snapped up and is highly likely that QR is not releasing 1x seats.
Aston100 likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2023, 8:07 pm

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
Travel demand out of MEL is very high now and evidently QR projects that it will stay this way for a while. Even with 2 daily flights now (used to be 1) the planes are still full. I don't expect standard awards out of MEL to be available anytime soon, sadly 😢
Old Aug 23, 2023, 4:23 am

Originally Posted by luv_flying
Yea, I don't think the 1x rewards were snapped up and is highly likely that QR is not releasing 1x seats.
if true this is really sad news..
I have recently booked reward flights (j) for CDG-DOH-AUH and AUH-DOH-BHX (last 3 weeks).. Im normally london based, and this was the best i could find.... slim pickings!
Old Aug 23, 2023, 12:46 pm

I finally was able to book two 1X awards after several weeks of daily checking and only 6 months prior to my dates of travel. Keep looking, but have a backup plan if your dates are fixed.
Old Aug 27, 2023, 9:16 am

I was able to book DOH - BKK in J, BKK - DOH - BHX in F/J at 1 x Avios back in June. Ideally want to return a few days later but everything is 2 x Avios now. Checking daily and hoping but there’s definitely been a tightening of availability since June.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.