Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

does QR black out J and F reward ticket for summer period?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2023, 6:56 am
Original Poster

can't see any J or F reward ticket on QR or BA's website since 27/6/2024. A lot before this date. Not sure if this happened before. Does anyone have any idea? Or QR will still release J and F reward ticket for this period later?
Old Jul 16, 2023, 7:14 am

Historically, premium cabin rewards have disappeared between the first week of July and the first week of September. Perhaps they have extended the premium season?
Old Jul 16, 2023, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by daviddai1124
can't see any J or F reward ticket on QR or BA's website since 27/6/2024. A lot before this date. Not sure if this happened before. Does anyone have any idea? Or QR will still release J and F reward ticket for this period later?
I'm making the wild guess they prefer cash to avios. So if they're confident of selling out the premium seats for $$, they're not going to throw them in the rewards bucket.

If they've been over-confident and demand takes an unexpected downward turn, they might release some seats. But banking on that would be a brave gamble.

Maybe grab an economy seat while you can: economy really isn't so bad. You can cancel and repurchase should those unicorn J-seats materialise. If you're Gold or above, that operation is free up to 3 hours before departure: if not, it's still only $25 to cancel but you must do it before the 24-hour marker.
Old Jul 22, 2023, 10:35 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
A bunch of First Class seats for Bangkok in either direction opened up recently for July and August (as well as some J to European destinations like WAW). That was a bit unexpected, as they're still not showing even any Economy on those routes for weeks on end.

My girlfriend doesn't know how lucky she is for her visit.
Old Jul 22, 2023, 9:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
A bunch of First Class seats for Bangkok in either direction opened up recently for July and August (as well as some J to European destinations like WAW). That was a bit unexpected, as they're still not showing even any Economy on those routes for weeks on end.

My girlfriend doesn't know how lucky she is for her visit.
this year or next year?
Old Jul 23, 2023, 8:06 am

All of US Saver awards gone for summer months 2024
Old Jul 23, 2023, 8:48 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by daviddai1124
this year or next year?
This year.
Old Jul 24, 2023, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by Sean G
All of US Saver awards gone for summer months 2024
Are the saver seats truly being booked? I couldn't see a single seat to US at all on J.
Old Jul 24, 2023, 10:18 pm
Original Poster

I can see US J reward two weeks ago, now all gone. ridiculous!
Old Jul 24, 2023, 10:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by luv_flying
Are the saver seats truly being booked? I couldn't see a single seat to US at all on J.
Yes, all gone. QR black all US J reward seats.
Old Jul 25, 2023, 7:39 am

even no saver out of Asia lol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.