Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Row1 blocked on A359 (non QSuite)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2023, 11:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QRPC Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHg Diamond Amb, Sixt Diamond, Avis Pres, AmexCenturion
Row1 blocked on A359 (non QSuite)

Row1 is always blocked on the A359 (non QSuite), i think to keep it available for bassinet purposes. How soon before boarding does Qatar unblock these, so that us regular platinum privilege club members travelling on a full fare J ticket can lay claim to one?

first time in a non qsuite plane in 3 years, so want to grab decent foot space.
Old Jun 22, 2023, 3:34 am

Originally Posted by SAWorldVoyager
Row1 is always blocked on the A359 (non QSuite), i think to keep it available for bassinet purposes. How soon before boarding does Qatar unblock these, so that us regular platinum privilege club members travelling on a full fare J ticket can lay claim to one?

first time in a non qsuite plane in 3 years, so want to grab decent foot space.
I'm not sure these always open up automatically. If not available at online check in, you may have wait to ask at airport check in.
qraec777 likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2023, 6:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
In my experience it NEVER has opened up online, ALWAYS only available at C/I at the airport. although I have seen row occupied in expertflyer and on qr.com many times, days bevor online check in opened.
I would love to know the secret how to secure row 1 seats bevor getting to the airport.....
Old Jun 22, 2023, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by nilsfr69
In my experience it NEVER has opened up online, ALWAYS only available at C/I at the airport. although I have seen row occupied in expertflyer and on qr.com many times, days bevor online check in opened.
I would love to know the secret how to secure row 1 seats bevor getting to the airport.....
This may actually be people needing bassinets being booked into them?

Otherwise if it is anything like blocked seats on other aircraft, passengers who have tickets but have not been able to choose seats because there were no unblocked seats left, may be allocated into those blocked seats once the flight goes under airport control c.72 hours before departure
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2023, 7:05 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum
I have managed to get row 1 via the WhatsApp priority chat. Contacted them 2 days prior to my flight. They weren't able to assign them, but they said that they would email the airport team with my request. I was very sceptical but the day before my flight my seat assignment changed to 1A.
nilsfr69 and Traveller999 like this.
Old Jun 22, 2023, 5:13 pm

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by kl1987
I have managed to get row 1 via the WhatsApp priority chat. Contacted them 2 days prior to my flight. They weren't able to assign them, but they said that they would email the airport team with my request. I was very sceptical but the day before my flight my seat assignment changed to 1A.
I’ve used this before (albeit by calling the plat desk), and they put a note on my ticket so that at the physical check in they usually have me assigned to the first row. It does help if the flight with a first row you want is your connecting flight, and even better if you’re starting somewhere far from Doha (eg JFK vs LHR), as you’ll have more of a chance to snag it over those coming from closer locales.
Old Jun 23, 2023, 3:51 am

Programs: EK Gold, QR Gold, WY Gold, Delta Silver Medallion
I usually do it at the transfer desk in DOH but that's a huge gamble. I have been successful getting the first row seats at the DOH transfer desk 5 out of 8 times.
Old Jun 23, 2023, 10:33 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
It also happen that a glitch makes first row temporary selectable. I always set up an alert on Expertflyer and sometimes can successfully grab a first row seat.
nilsfr69 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.