Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qatar Airways Stopover Program

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2023, 7:50 am
Original Poster

Qatar Airways Stopover Program

I can't find any info on Qatar Airways stopover program that allows for hotel bookings at $14 USD for my circumstances.

I booked a flight from DOH to YUL in business using Qatar Airways.

I need to book a flight from AUH to DOH, does it matter if this flight will be a separate booking and does this flight have to be on Qatar Airways as well?
Old Jun 16, 2023, 1:11 pm

I'm sure the QR stopover program is only for layover between flights operated by QR and on the same ticket. I am currently on QR719 following an overnight layover in Doha. My ticket wasn't booked as an official stopover ticket, so I was responsible for my own hotel (don't worry, very nice 5-star hotels are quite affordable in Doha).

Also, be advised that you cannot retrieve your bag in Doha unless you are on a stopover ticket, or two separate tickets. Any itinerary booked through QR less than 24 hours and not specifically a stopover ticket will have your bag checked through to your final destination. I spoke with the transfers desk who advised I could go to baggage services and wait 2-3 hours for them to find it and put it through customs if I really needed it. I was prepared with a change of clothes in my hand baggage, so needless to say, I declined.
Old Jun 16, 2023, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by faizan955
I can't find any info on Qatar Airways stopover program that allows for hotel bookings at $14 USD for my circumstances.

I booked a flight from DOH to YUL in business using Qatar Airways.

I need to book a flight from AUH to DOH, does it matter if this flight will be a separate booking and does this flight have to be on Qatar Airways as well?
I am assuming you mean https://www.discoverqatar.qa/stopover/

As long as its on the same ticket, it should be fine but if its two seperate you may be rejected, otherwise just book something on Booking.com or something. Cost wise a normal hilton was £60, stopover for a Marriot was £34, so about 50% discount on premium hotels but regular hotels will be cheaper
Old Jun 16, 2023, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by suley
I am assuming you mean https://www.discoverqatar.qa/stopover/

As long as its on the same ticket, it should be fine but if its two seperate you may be rejected, otherwise just book something on Booking.com or something. Cost wise a normal hilton was £60, stopover for a Marriot was £34, so about 50% discount on premium hotels but regular hotels will be cheaper
My flight arrives at 7am and the next one departs at 8pm, both are Qatar Airlines flights and on the same tickets. If I book a stopover hotel, will I be able to check in very early in the morning?
Old Jun 16, 2023, 2:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by faizan955

I believe it SHOULD be two QR flights on one ticket but someone reported it worked with seperate tickets, but it might be a fluke. I wouldn't try it with another airline.

Originally Posted by boneofthet
My flight arrives at 7am and the next one departs at 8pm, both are Qatar Airlines flights and on the same tickets. If I book a stopover hotel, will I be able to check in very early in the morning?
Yes.
Old Jun 16, 2023, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by boneofthet
Stopovers are treated differently than the "regular" check-out/in 11am/3pm so yes
Old Jun 17, 2023, 3:15 am

The program is for blocks of 24 hours right ? How does one specify the check in dates/times then say if you are arriving at 2300 on day 0 but maybe looking into getting into the hotel at 0030 or 0100 on day 1 ? I also assume that people doing this program would be doing 2300/0100 to 2300 or 0700/0800 to 0700.....

Last edited by zhaobao; Jun 17, 2023 at 5:53 am
Old Jun 17, 2023, 4:14 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by zhaobao
The program is for blocks of 24 hours right ? How does one specify the check in dates/times then say if you are arriving at 2300 on day 0 but maybe looking into getting into the hotel at 0030 or 0100 ?
Previously I've booked it for the nearest "night" and then emailed the hotel with my arrival/departure time to confirm.
Old Jun 17, 2023, 3:44 pm

The program is for blocks of 24 hours right ? How does one specify the check in dates/times then say if you are arriving at 2300 on day 0 but maybe looking into getting into the hotel at 0030 or 0100 on day 1 ? I also assume that people doing this program would be doing 2300/0100 to 2300 or 0700/0800 to 0700.....
The booking form does ask you what time you intend to check in and check out. I booked a stay yesterday and went with the Marriot, emailed the help desk and they shared the booking ref. Then fired off a special request to te the hotel. I would say just email the hotel and you will be fine
Schwann likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2023, 6:51 am

Thank you suley. The prices on the program are extremely attractive indeed.
Old Jun 18, 2023, 7:07 am

Thank you suley. The prices on the program are extremely attractive indeed.
Just to confirm, you have to be travelling on a QR issued ticket to qualify for this
Old Nov 30, 2023, 2:02 pm

After a two-night stopover, we will be leaving Doha on a 7pm flight. I booked a hotel through DQ, and when it asked for the checkout time, I said 1600-1700. Will this late checkout really be honored without charge?

(If relevant, the hotel is the Shaza, and we will check in two days earlier at maybe 7pm, so less than 48 hours total.)
Old Dec 1, 2023, 11:22 am

Programs: Finnair Plus Gold
Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
After a two-night stopover, we will be leaving Doha on a 7pm flight. I booked a hotel through DQ, and when it asked for the checkout time, I said 1600-1700. Will this late checkout really be honored without charge?

(If relevant, the hotel is the Shaza, and we will check in two days earlier at maybe 7pm, so less than 48 hours total.)
I have same kind of situation and contacted our hotel (Grand Hyatt) they replied within one hour that late check out is fine, since we are using DQ program.
So, I thunk you should be fine but just send an e-mail directly to the hotel and see their answer.
Old Dec 1, 2023, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by Joey73
I have same kind of situation and contacted our hotel (Grand Hyatt) they replied within one hour that late check out is fine, since we are using DQ program.
So, I thunk you should be fine but just send an e-mail directly to the hotel and see their answer.
OK, thanks! Not worth an e-mail, but now we know to remind them at checkin that this is a DQ booking so they should allow late checkout.

Last edited by SeeBuyFly; Dec 1, 2023 at 1:32 pm
Old Dec 2, 2023, 8:49 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
nowhere is it stated they SHOULD or MUST, afaik. So do not assume things

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.