Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Advice re advanced passenger information (Qatar)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2023 | 11:55 am
Original Poster
10 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Programs: BAEC Silver

Just looking for some advice on whether API is required for my sons flight from London to Australia (transit Doha). Departing London this weekend. He has his tourist visa for Australia and all prepared to check in on Thursday. Just want to cross the Ts and dot the Is at this stage. Is he missing anything ? I also see on the Qatar website that flights from Heathrow require attendance 4hrs before departure. Is this still the case ?
Old Apr 24, 2023 | 12:14 pm
40 Countries Visited5 Years on Site

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by mike&co
Just looking for some advice on whether API is required for my sons flight from London to Australia (transit Doha). Departing London this weekend. He has his tourist visa for Australia and all prepared to check in on Thursday. Just want to cross the Ts and dot the Is at this stage. Is he missing anything ? I also see on the Qatar website that flights from Heathrow require attendance 4hrs before departure. Is this still the case ?
API can be done at the airport, you don't need to do it in advance but you have the option of doing so online.

I think the advice for 4 hours for check in is excessive and is probably a bit of out date, 3 hours should be fine unless you want to arrive earlier.
mike&co likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2023 | 12:25 pm
Original Poster
10 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by plunet
API can be done at the airport, you don't need to do it in advance but you have the option of doing so online.

I think the advice for 4 hours for check in is excessive and is probably a bit of out date, 3 hours should be fine unless you want to arrive earlier.
Thank you, much appreciated. Trying the Qatar app and the web site but I dont see where it can be submitted beforehand. Can you advise. Hes in London and Im passing this information to him, so not easy.
Old Apr 24, 2023 | 12:30 pm
10 Countries Visited15 Years on Site

Originally Posted by mike&co
Thank you, much appreciated. Trying the Qatar app and the web site but I dont see where it can be submitted beforehand. Can you advise. Hes in London and Im passing this information to him, so not easy.
He can probably do it during online checkin. All the airlines save money and effort by having us do the data entry they would otherwise have to do, but still it is good to do it yourself so there are no errors. If it can't be done during OLCI, as stated above they will do it for you during checkin.
mike&co likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2023 | 3:14 am
20 Years on Site

Originally Posted by plunet
I thought QR check-in only opened 3 hours before the flight? I could have longer in the lounge instead of hanging around landside if it opens earlier.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.