Wiki Posts
Search

"Qatar Stopover" - refundable?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2023, 4:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ, SK, QR
"Qatar Stopover" - refundable?

I want to stopover in Doha for a few days whilst travelling between Barcelona & Hong Kong.

Booking a regular multi-city ticket is 726EUR compared to 928EUR for the "Qatar Stopover" program, with a 3-night 5* hotel stay included.

Ideally I would like to book the stopover with the hotel as the hotel discount is significant compared to the going rate booked through any other channel. However, even after reading the T&C's I don't really understand if the flights + hotel are refundable or not. I need the flexibility of the regular multi-city booking, as that is fully refundable (voucher + 10%).

Anyone able to share some wisdom?
Old Apr 9, 2023, 4:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by AJ747M
I want to stopover in Doha for a few days whilst travelling between Barcelona & Hong Kong.

Booking a regular multi-city ticket is 726EUR compared to 928EUR for the "Qatar Stopover" program, with a 3-night 5* hotel stay included.

Ideally I would like to book the stopover with the hotel as the hotel discount is significant compared to the going rate booked through any other channel. However, even after reading the T&C's I don't really understand if the flights + hotel are refundable or not. I need the flexibility of the regular multi-city booking, as that is fully refundable (voucher + 10%).

Anyone able to share some wisdom?

Just book the flights, then the hotels separately under the Discover Qatar programme. Three nights 5-star comes out at around EUR120. You can cancel the hotel reservstion up to 3 days before arrival in Doha.

https://www.discoverqatar.qa/results...f-56c7d3c0f72f

Last edited by IAN-UK; Apr 9, 2023 at 4:45 am Reason: adding link
Old Apr 9, 2023, 5:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ, SK, QR
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Just book the flights, then the hotels separately under the Discover Qatar programme. Three nights 5-star comes out at around EUR120. You can cancel the hotel reservstion up to 3 days before arrival in Doha.

https://www.discoverqatar.qa/results...f-56c7d3c0f72f

Ah, amazing! Thanks a lot IAN-UK .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.