Wiki Posts
Search

Schedule Changes Options

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2023, 4:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, HHonours, SPG, AVIS
Schedule Changes Options

I've had significant schedule change for some flights in October.

The current routing is BRU-DOH-CPT. The original flight times were 09:05-16:15 then 20:55 for the CPT leg. Now the CPT flight is 02:20 the next day so a layover of a fraction under 10-hours , and Doha airport isn't that interesting for that length of time

When this has happened in the past, pre-Covid, QR allowed a change to AMS or LHR, subject to the same class of ticket being available. The Travel Agent, is now saying I can change airport up to 500-miles away, but it has to be in the same country, so the only options are to cancel with a full refund or accept the change

Are there any experiences of other options?
Old Feb 27, 2023, 5:06 am

Programs: BAEC
As you have observed, the policy has changed and you can only get a free invol change within the same country, so the TA is quoting the correct policy.

Perhaps it's worth asking for STPC instead so you can escape the airport. See the most recent updates on this long running thread The QR STPC (stopover) policy?

Or just do your own tour of Doha assuming your passport permits you visa free entry QR free transit visa - DIY Doha night tour?
Be aware that to enter Qatar you currently have to purchase a QAR50 health insurance policy, and I assume STPC isn't exempt although it would be sensible if it was.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 5:14 am

Originally Posted by escape2sun
I've had significant schedule change for some flights in October.

The current routing is BRU-DOH-CPT. The original flight times were 09:05-16:15 then 20:55 for the CPT leg. Now the CPT flight is 02:20 the next day so a layover of a fraction under 10-hours , and Doha airport isn't that interesting for that length of time

When this has happened in the past, pre-Covid, QR allowed a change to AMS or LHR, subject to the same class of ticket being available. The Travel Agent, is now saying I can change airport up to 500-miles away, but it has to be in the same country, so the only options are to cancel with a full refund or accept the change

Are there any experiences of other options?
I recently managed to rebook without the same country requirement, which sounds made up (In most countries QR only flies to a single airport).
My understanding of the policy is that it is either a change in airport within the same country (without the 500mile restriction) or a change in airport within 500 miles.
https://www.qatarairways.com/tradepo...le-change.html

Last edited by creflo; Feb 27, 2023 at 5:21 am
Old Feb 27, 2023, 6:43 am

Interesting that you found the wording to include within country OR 500 mile, as recent forum experience has been citing more of within country AND 500 miles, which certainly used to be the policy.

But as that link you shared appears to be the travel trade site, then maybe they can have another go.

However they can't go via different methods to Qatar for a reschedule as they have booked via a travel agent.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 6:53 am

Wrong thread
Old Feb 27, 2023, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by plunet
Interesting that you found the wording to include within country OR 500 mile, as recent forum experience has been citing more of within country AND 500 miles, which certainly used to be the policy.

But as that link you shared appears to be the travel trade site, then maybe they can have another go.

However they can't go via different methods to Qatar for a reschedule as they have booked via a travel agent.
The policy used to be "within country or 500 miles if different countries".
Whether that was recently changed and the trade partners website not updated yet is indeed the question.
Old Feb 28, 2023, 1:02 am

Originally Posted by brunos
The policy used to be "within country or 500 miles if different countries".
Whether that was recently changed and the trade partners website not updated yet is indeed the question.
If you go to the tradeportal website and download the PDF it states that the information is correct as of 23 February 2023. I would definitely try the TA again with this document.
Old Mar 2, 2023, 5:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, HHonours, SPG, AVIS
Thanks for the advice & links.

Spoke with the TA again, and pointed out the OR 500 miles. They supposedly have contacted QR and will give a response in 72-hours
Old Mar 3, 2023, 1:19 am

Originally Posted by escape2sun
Thanks for the advice & links.

Spoke with the TA again, and pointed out the OR 500 miles. They supposedly have contacted QR and will give a response in 72-hours
Just as a reference point: I had another schedule change two days ago that would have left me with an 8h+ connection in DOH. Rebooking to different destination in a different country within 500 miles was not an issue (although it was not offered proactively). This was a ticket purchased directly from QR.
escape2sun and plunet like this.
Old Mar 3, 2023, 6:13 pm

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by creflo
Just as a reference point: I had another schedule change two days ago that would have left me with an 8h+ connection in DOH. Rebooking to different destination in a different country within 500 miles was not an issue (although it was not offered proactively). This was a ticket purchased directly from QR.
How did you rebook? Were you able to use the website?
markzz2 likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2023, 2:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Titanium Lifetime/UA/JetBlue
Originally Posted by florin
How did you rebook? Were you able to use the website?
I had the same experience today.

Our HKT/CDG via DOH had been rescheduled leaving us with 13 hours in DOH and a wasted CDG/LHR connecting separate ticket. I called QR and asked politely if I could be re routed to LHR direct and after a short wait was offered just that (although not on the requested day due to lack of availability). We accepted a return the day before which suited us and saved the hassle of a night in Paris and another expensive ticket from CDG/LHR. Very grateful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.