Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Do you need Qatar Avios to search for reward and upgrades?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2023, 11:45 am
Original Poster

Apologies if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find it addresses explicitly anywhere. I was thinking of using Avios to upgrade a Qatar flight, but I can't find any availability, anywhere, for reward flights. I don't have any Avios in my QR account, but I have plenty in my BA account, which I've linked to the QR one.

Am I just looking at the wrong routes and dates, or does the QR website not show you rewrd flights if you don't have any Avios? I was looking, for instance, at JFK-DOH-MEL, but can't find any reward flight availability for weeks, for any of the legs Live chat said I can also search specifically for upgrade availability, but I don't see anywhere to do that (if I got to the upgrade with Avios tab, I get an error message, and a form to enter a booking reference, but not way to search availability).

Thanks so much!
Old Feb 21, 2023, 11:55 am

Programs: BA, AA, FB
As soon as you move over 1 Avios from your BAEC to your QR account you should be able to see all reward availability.
Old Feb 21, 2023, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Hobbes01
As soon as you move over 1 Avios from your BAEC to your QR account you should be able to see all reward availability.
Oh, got it - thank you!! Didn't occur to me that a single Avios might be enough.
I still can't see an option to search for upgrades specifically - is it the same availability as reward flights? Do the "Q2" / "flexi rewards" also give you upgrade space?

Thanks so much!
Old Feb 21, 2023, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

To answer my own question in case anyone else stumbles here: Seems like Q2/flexi rewards do not translate into upgrade space.
Old Feb 21, 2023, 9:32 pm

You can use the BA website to search for reward flights. Even if you have zero Avios.
Old Feb 21, 2023, 9:52 pm

It's the same availability as regular reward flights (not x2) so if you see one of these then an upgrade is available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.