Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qatar Airways 787 Business DEL > DOH

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2023, 12:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso, AMAN, FS PP, RW Elite, MO Fanclub, RC STARS, Belmond Bellini, Peninsula PC, Hyatt Privé
Qatar Airways 787-8 Business DEL > DOH + Terminal Extension

My quick thoughts based on QA 787-8 J DEL > DOH
Experience has improved significantly compared to 2021/22. Here we go….

No lounge access at Delhi…

The ‘private’ Encalm lounge is available, only if you’re into mosh pits.

No plastic coverings on meals… hallelujah

Food was ok, could be improved upon, not quite at pre-covid level…
Indian dish was good not excellent... being that we were leaving Delhi I found it to be underwhelming in terms of flavor, presentation also lacking.

Mezze however was 👨🏻‍🍳 😘 🤌

The self serve bar did not serve beverages or snacks… Covid? Or short flight? Not sure. No magazines/newspaper either..

no amenity kit…

Purser on this particular flight was not very kind., Asked me if this was my first time flying Qatar…… I’m platinum.

Service felt very slow, unresponsive at times. Needs improvement.

Sleeping wise… I found the seat surprisingly more comfortable albeit less private than Q suite.

New Al Mourjan North lounge located in the new terminal is sufficient, less crowded than the Al Mourjan, suitable for shorter layovers. (featured in video tour below)

New terminal extension in Doha is stunning (featured in video tour below)

Sharing review in video format for the visual folk…

Last edited by luxefarer; Jan 28, 2023 at 11:57 am
Old Jan 28, 2023, 3:29 am

New Silver Lounge South lounge in Doha now sufficient, less crowded than Al Mourjan, suitable for short layovers. (featured in video tour below)
Isn't this Al Mourjan North?
luxefarer likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2023, 6:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso, AMAN, FS PP, RW Elite, MO Fanclub, RC STARS, Belmond Bellini, Peninsula PC, Hyatt Privé
Originally Posted by DirektornSE
Isn't this Al Mourjan North?

Oh yes thank you, typo — meant to write this — it is correct in video.

Will be sharing a more in-depth tour of Al Mourjan North soon.

Last edited by luxefarer; Jan 28, 2023 at 6:39 am
Old Jan 28, 2023, 10:46 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, *G, EK Skywards Silver
Self service bar?!??
luxefarer likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2023, 10:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by surryson
Self service bar?!??
QA 787-8 Dreamliner is equip with a bar in the middle of the cabin, in between the L2 and R2 doors. In my prior experiences onboard QA snacks and beverages/champagne (served) were readily available mid flight, and were not uncommon on shorter routes. Presumably, one could self-serve or be served, to passenger preference. On this flight, the bars were empty, perhaps Covid restrictions?
Old Jan 29, 2023, 12:51 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
I flew on a B787-8 flight in November and several other times last year and the snacks were set up. There wasn't self service champagne though - haven't seen that since pre-2020. Of course it's always available upon request.
luxefarer likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2023, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by luxefarer
QA 787-8 Dreamliner is equip with a bar in the middle of the cabin, in between the L2 and R2 doors. In my prior experiences onboard QA snacks and beverages/champagne (served) were readily available mid flight, and were not uncommon on shorter routes. Presumably, one could self-serve or be served, to passenger preference. On this flight, the bars were empty, perhaps Covid restrictions?
IIRC my last Dreamliner flight with QR the bar had some snacks but no beverage of any kind. This was in December last year flying ARN-DOH
I have generally not found it to be a problem at all as the service in J is great. I do like the space however as it opens up the BC cabin a whole lot and sitting just behind the "bar" makes the space feel really large (And of course not having overhead storage in the middle increases that experience)
luxefarer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.