Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Premium economy

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2023, 4:09 pm
Original Poster

Premium economy

Guys - given Qatar economy is so good from USA to Doha, do you feel premium economy offers any additional value? I’ll be flying using AA miles so it’s 40k coach vs 62.5 premium economy. If somebody can educate me about angle of seat and if it offers better sleep quality that’ll be great. any other benefits?

thx
Old Jan 25, 2023, 4:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
I assume you mean on the JFK-DOH route? And thus comparing QR economy or AA premium economy?

As QR doesn't have premium economy.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 4:57 pm
Original Poster

I wonder why the AA mobile app shows a premium economy option. Anyways has anybody flown coach before and any opinion on it?
Old Jan 26, 2023, 3:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by sam007
I wonder why the AA mobile app shows a premium economy option. Anyways has anybody flown coach before and any opinion on it?
QR economy is much the same as other carriers' economy in terms of the hard product, though QR cabin crew usually make a determined effort to keep the toilets clean and tidy: something not universal among airlines and something that gains importance on super-long flights. The airline has an edge in terms of service which is (generally) friendly and attentive .

The key to comfort is leg room. If you are status-free this means paying to select the appropriate seats, or paying considerably more for accommodation in a premium-economy cabin (which might carry with it further benefits).
Edvard likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 5:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
QR flies from many US airports but does NOT have PE. AA flies from JFK with PE.
Y is Y, so it is far from comfy on any airline.
Danny Martello likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2023, 11:28 am

If the choice is between AA premium economy or QR economy, I would 100% go with AA premium eco, I think it is the same seat as the domestic first seat. You get much more space and recline. I flew it once to HKG and was quite happy.

QR economy is not bad in the broad cross-section of economy products but if you don't get a bulkhead it is very cramped (same as all other economy cabins).
Old Jan 29, 2023, 7:44 pm

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
Thankfully, QR does not have premium economy but their Y product is decent.
Old Feb 1, 2023, 4:04 pm

Programs: QR Gold
Yeah, as long as your flight is not something like the LAX-Doha flt-nearly 16 hrs. Seats are reclined back nearly into your lap, and makes for annoying your neighbors(or vice-versa) when getting up during those long hours. Thankfully I found a decent --- read empty flight to book my seats to resolve that issue. The short connection to an equally empty flight was ideal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.