Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

"Currently no seats are available for selection ..."

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2023, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, Gold for Life

Thought I'd better check seating for my imminent itinerary, and got this message on selecting the DOH-SIN leg.

Wow, I thought, absolutely every seat taken so no alternative available. However Expert flyer shows J9, C9, D9, I9, R9 for this flight.

I assume that the combination of these two bits of data most likely means that an equipment change is being planned, and I probably won't be travelling in a Q-suite.
Old Jan 23, 2023, 9:21 pm

It most likely means that all of the seats that aren't pre-blocked have now been selected by passengers. On qsuite aircraft the majority of seats are pre-blocked (eg. centre quads, bassinets, etc)
Old Jan 24, 2023, 1:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, Gold for Life
I should have mentioned that I had pre-selected seats for all 4 sectors. Only Doha to Singapore threw up this message, all other seats were as I had selected, so something was going on!

Just checked back today and sure enough, my seat is back, but the plane is now a 787. It could have been worse!

Would they have switched from a 777 with Q-suites to a 787 just because there was a light load?
Old Jan 24, 2023, 4:40 am

Ah, so you did have an aircraft swap. The message you saw does also come up whatever the aircraft once all the unblocked seats have been picked by passengers prior to check in. I was about to say that's much more common than an aircraft swap but then these days...

Yes you could have done worse than a 787. I'm not sure anyone could say for sure why it changed, but depending how long it is until you fly there's always the excitement of it possibly changing again...
Old Jan 24, 2023, 5:35 am
dsf

Programs: Nowt of note.
I have the same message for QR6 LHR-DOH in early March. QR app/website says I still have the same Q Suite as chosen and that it's still a 77W. My suspicion was that all seats were taken as IIRC the last time I checked there was only one I could've moved to. DOH-MEL sector OTOH is still showing plenty of available Q Suites to move to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.