Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Outstanding Qatar airways business class from Asia to US!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2023, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

This is my 2nd time flying business class from Kathmandu to Doha to Chicago .the last time with my family in 2016 and this time just two days ago me alone . I can say that this airline truly deserves the best ranking ! Absolutely outstanding product and outstanding and almost personal service by cabin crews and superb meal. I flew to Asia for my outbound trip on Lufthansa business class and it is a joke compared to Qatar ! I found last minute great American Airlines mileage deal for this flight ! I still can’t believe how good this airline is! Thank you Qatar !
Old Jan 13, 2023, 7:39 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
I think most of us here would agree, they are fantastic is the air. However, if something does wrong, they can fall well below expectations.
Traveller999, florin and Tofino87 like this.
Old Jan 16, 2023, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What is interesting to me is, the poster's comment of "I found last minute great American Airlines mileage deal for this flight !".
My recollection is, unlike CX in the past, QR does not release last minute award seats.
Old Jan 16, 2023, 10:42 pm

Programs: QR Plat
Originally Posted by Penguinmoon
I think most of us here would agree, they are fantastic is the air. However, if something does wrong, they can fall well below expectations.
Tell me you are british without saying you are british?

-A
Old Jan 16, 2023, 11:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Happy
What is interesting to me is, the poster's comment of "I found last minute great American Airlines mileage deal for this flight !".
My recollection is, unlike CX in the past, QR does not release last minute award seats.
I had return KTM-ORD flight booked on united.com using UA miles through Delhi for 152K miles on coach on the 12th Jan, but on 10th Jan, I searched on AA.com and found this last minute 90K AA miles QATAR flight from KTM-ORD which I didn't find earlier as I was searching for a cheap business class flight. I cancelled the united partner award. thank god I didn't die in the YETI airline flight between KTM-POKHARA flight in Nepal cos I flew on that airline for same route 3 days before this crash!
Old Jan 17, 2023, 12:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ph-ndr
Tell me you are british without saying you are british?

-A
You don't have to be British to know that about QR.
Old Jan 17, 2023, 5:37 am

Programs: QR Plat
Originally Posted by Schwann
You don't have to be British to know that about QR.
I know. It was more the way it was expressed.

-A
Old Jan 17, 2023, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Blueheaven
I had return KTM-ORD flight booked on united.com using UA miles through Delhi for 152K miles on coach on the 12th Jan, but on 10th Jan, I searched on AA.com and found this last minute 90K AA miles QATAR flight from KTM-ORD which I didn't find earlier as I was searching for a cheap business class flight. I cancelled the united partner award. thank god I didn't die in the YETI airline flight between KTM-POKHARA flight in Nepal cos I flew on that airline for same route 3 days before this crash!
Wow, that is indeed a very scary afterthought. Good for you not only safely flew that route but also scored a good last minute redemption. Time to buy a Lottery Ticket!
Old Jan 17, 2023, 10:44 pm

This is my 2nd time flying business class from Kathmandu to Doha to Chicago .the last time with my family in 2016 and this time just two days ago me alone . I can say that this airline truly deserves the best ranking ! Absolutely outstanding product and outstanding and almost personal service by cabin crews and superb meal. I flew to Asia for my outbound trip on Lufthansa business class and it is a joke compared to Qatar ! I found last minute great American Airlines mileage deal for this flight ! I still can’t believe how good this airline is! Thank you Qatar !
Did you pay any fee for cancelling your award ticket and redeposit United mile back into your account.
Old Jan 18, 2023, 11:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vnfilm1
Did you pay any fee for cancelling your award ticket and redeposit United mile back into your account.
ofcourse no, united AA alaska don't charge any fees to cancel or redeposit miles back to my account until the flight flying time. that HELPED ME A LOT!
Old Jan 18, 2023, 11:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Happy
Wow, that is indeed a very scary afterthought. Good for you not only safely flew that route but also scored a good last minute redemption. Time to buy a Lottery Ticket!
The happy ending was the GE not working at ORD and I was handed a card by the officer that said MOBILE PASSPORT EXIT. Normally I have to prove I am not a criminal but this time just by seeing the US passport book on my hand, the officer let me out without looking at anything and after collecting my bags, I handed over the MOBILE PASSPORT EXIT card to the standing officer near the exit and wasn't asked for bag inspections.
Old Jan 18, 2023, 2:07 pm

ofcourse no, united AA alaska don't charge any fees to cancel or redeposit miles back to my account until the flight flying time. that HELPED ME A LOT!
Does no fee charges for cancel and reposit mile back to account applies to everyone. I have my flight book with United. I am looking to cancel it, but was told I must pay cancelation fee $125/ per ticket .

Last edited by vnfilm1; Jan 18, 2023 at 2:12 pm
Old Jan 18, 2023, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does no fee charges for cancel and reposit mile back to account applies to everyone. I have my flight book with United. I am looking to cancel it, but was told I must pay cancelation fee $125/ per ticket .
Not always. Depends on what you want to do. Also depends on whether the carrier changes the schedule drastically.

Here is the policy link effective January 1st 2023. They removed the distinction between domestic and international.

https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...ticketing.html

Change / cancellation and redeposit miles are now free to all members. Agents may not be up to speed on the latest policy.

Although the footnotes 1 and 2 at the bottom are a bit confusing as there is no more need to determine how many days to departure unlike before (31 days before departure on International award, and only the one departs from US eligible for free redeposit. All those conditions seem no longer apply.

However redeposit would cost $125 for all members regardless of tier if you do this after a No Show.

you can also find information in United forum on Flyertalk.

UA Award tkt change/cancellation/redeposit/fees Q&As: No fees pre-travel

In the past IIRC when you cancel an award online the system would tell you whether there is a fee or not before you proceed.

Last edited by Happy; Jan 18, 2023 at 3:20 pm
Old Jan 18, 2023, 3:28 pm
Original Poster

many united agents are totally clueless and that has been my expereince. I cancelled few international partner awards until few hours before flight time and I got my miles back with no fee.
Old Jan 19, 2023, 4:31 pm

Thank you ALL for your reply.

@Blueheaven : Do you mind sharing how your transit experience at Doha airport. My first time transit at this airport both ways . I am looking for answer becasue I will take prescribe medication and Over counter medication with me on this trip . These medications for pain, cholesterol, allergy, asthma, diarrhea and a few antibiotic pills ( for personal usage and in case we need them) . I try to know if I need to declare them and if it is required to fill out form to get my medication approval before my trip .

I search for answer online but unable to find out information about bringing medication on carry on and trasit at Doha If anyone knows the answer, please share.

Last edited by vnfilm1; Jan 19, 2023 at 4:48 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.