Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Anyone Used Hayya to Enter Qatar this Month?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2022, 10:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond

Wanted to know what the current procedure is at check in with the airline, as well as upon entry into Qatar. What documents other than your passport and the actual hayya do they ask for?
Old Nov 13, 2022, 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ
Wanted to know what the current procedure is at check in with the airline, as well as upon entry into Qatar. What documents other than your passport and the actual hayya do they ask for?
I assume they will ask for the Hayaa entry permit rather than the Hayaa itself. This was sent via email plus it can also be viewed in the Hayaa app.
Other than that and passport there should be no other requirements. My father will be arriving Wednesday night and even though he has things like his vaccination certificates etc as a backup, along with insurance, we are assuming they will only ask for the passport and Hayaa entry permit. Then once in Qatar only passport will be required at immigration.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 10:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ben_W
I assume they will ask for the Hayaa entry permit rather than the Hayaa itself. This was sent via email plus it can also be viewed in the Hayaa app.
Other than that and passport there should be no other requirements. My father will be arriving Wednesday night and even though he has things like his vaccination certificates etc as a backup, along with insurance, we are assuming they will only ask for the passport and Hayaa entry permit. Then once in Qatar only passport will be required at immigration.
Are you referring to the PDF they sent? That document only had our first names which I thought was odd. Really weird thay would prefer I use a print of that as opposed to the app.

If it's not too much trouble, an update from your father about what he was asked for at departure airport check in and at immigration on arrival would be greatly appreciated

​​​​​
Old Nov 14, 2022, 2:50 am

Are you referring to the PDF they sent? That document only had our first names which I thought was odd. Really weird thay would prefer I use a print of that as opposed to the app.

If it's not too much trouble, an update from your father about what he was asked for at departure airport check in and at immigration on arrival would be greatly appreciated

​​​​​
Yes for some reason the PDF only showed peoples first names! Although I did read that you can also show the permit through the app which has all full details.
I'll post an update here later in the week, he is flying from LHR on Wednesday afternoon.
FlyingFrZ likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2022, 10:00 pm

​​​​​
No problems at check in yesterday for my dad at LHR. They asked for the entry permit, he printed the PDF that was emailed to him. They scanned the QR code to pull up all his details and made sure they matched his passport and that was it.
Nothing other than passport on arrival. The airport was super busy though! Although they had every immigration desk manned and the queue was constantly moving. Took 50 minutes to get out from landing which is probably the average time for HIA.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 8:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ben_W
No problems at check in yesterday for my dad at LHR. They asked for the entry permit, he printed the PDF that was emailed to him. They scanned the QR code to pull up all his details and made sure they matched his passport and that was it.
Nothing other than passport on arrival. The airport was super busy though! Although they had every immigration desk manned and the queue was constantly moving. Took 50 minutes to get out from landing which is probably the average time for HIA.
Thank you so much

So when your father arrived in Qatar, they didn't even look at his hayya at immigration?
Old Nov 17, 2022, 8:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Thank you so much

So when your father arrived in Qatar, they didn't even look at his hayya at immigration?
I suspect they will cross check your Hayya digitally when scanning your passport at immigration so that trick won't work.
Old Nov 19, 2022, 9:43 pm

Thank you so much

Just passport. The lines were long but moving fast and every desk was open. I've heard similar stories over the last couple of days. I imagine because only Hayaa card holders can enter, it speeds up the whole process anyway. No checking of visa paperwork from people coming from various countries etc.
FlyingFrZ and plunet like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.