Search

Health insurance for visitors to Qatar

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2022, 7:41 am
Original Poster
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: SLH Indulged, M&M, SPG, IHG Elite, Hyatt Member
Health insurance for visitors to Qatar

Going to Qatar for the world cup. Through google I found that they introduced a 50 QAR health insurance for visitors of the world cup. But no word on where and how to buy it.

Maybe it can be bought on arrival, but no word of it in the many emails that you get in the run-up to the world cup...

What if we don't have the insurance and they won't let us in? Could this even happen?

Any insider information is appreciated
Old Nov 13, 2022, 10:34 pm

Just after this was introduced I had some family visit. They had their own insurance but at no point did anybody ask to see it or were they told to pay QR50 for insurance.
If they do make you buy it, then surely it'll be once you arrive.
Old Nov 15, 2022, 1:02 am
Original Poster
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: SLH Indulged, M&M, SPG, IHG Elite, Hyatt Member
Originally Posted by Ben_W
Just after this was introduced I had some family visit. They had their own insurance but at no point did anybody ask to see it or were they told to pay QR50 for insurance.
If they do make you buy it, then surely it'll be once you arrive.
Thanks, that sounds reasonable. If I can't find how to do it, thousands of football fans won't either...
Old Nov 15, 2022, 3:16 am

Programs: BA, QR status varies from rags to riches - now gold, IHG Diamond Elite
There was some talk of it a few months ago, but never heard any more. The conclusion from lightwalker seems very sound. Qatar has an excellent public health system. Over the years, I know of several visitors who required medical treatment when in Doha. They were treated well and promptly through the public system. Fees are either tiny or non existant. While Qatar is facing a lot of criticism right now, my own experience is that they are extremely hospitable and would never allow a guest in medical need to have to wait a long time.
Grantosol
lightwalker likes this.

Last edited by Grantosol; Nov 15, 2022 at 6:13 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.