Wiki Posts
Search

Qatar Refund/Cancellation

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2022, 4:09 pm
Original Poster

Qatar Refund/Cancellation

Hi,
I am experiencing a very frustrated situation here that need y’all help.

Today I booked 2 business tickets with Qatar from BUF - SGN. 10 minutes later I had to cancel because I needed to add an infant but when I called to add they told me I need to create a new booking. When I booked the 2 business tickets, it said Business Comfort package with lounge access, 24 hours free cancellation, 2 changes no fees etc.

Fast forward to 20 mins after booking the tickets, I ended up cancelling it to make new booking. I called Qatar and representative told me to cancel over the website. I asked him it said refund fee $600 if I cancel it through the website. He assured me that I will get full refund because it’s within 24 hrs. So I canceled it through the website. After I cancel, got an cancellation email stating that I would get what I paid - $600 which is not what the representative told me. I reached out to them again through chat, agent told me the same thing full refund. I called them again this time they said nothing in my fares stating that I would get full refund?! Should I wait for a refund or am I going to have to create dispute?

anyone experience this ?!

i did have chat saved and screen shot of the business comfort free 24 hours cancellation.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 3:02 pm

Programs: A3 *G, QR Plat, Accor ALL Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Nkxbui Was your flight maybe too close to the date of booking it?
Old Oct 6, 2022, 3:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bellerophontes
Nkxbui Was your flight maybe too close to the date of booking it?
hi,
no my flight that I booked is fore Jan 11th, 2023
Old Oct 24, 2022, 7:07 pm

Nkxbui Did you get the full refund? I am in a similar situation and the representative keeps saying the same thing.

Last edited by wahabd; Oct 24, 2022 at 7:08 pm Reason: Adding tag
Old Oct 26, 2022, 3:04 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Unless something has changed, Qatar Airways does not offer a 24h free refund. For ex-US flights, airlines have to either offer free cancellations within 24h after booking, OR a free 24h hold. QR offers the latter, so they don't allow free cancellations for paid tickets.
So it all comes down to the fare rules. Qatar is quite bad with refunds, unfortunately, even when they agree you're entitled to a full refund. Refunds can take a long time - or actually, they aren't processed at all if you don't keep contacting them.
Not sure if that's any help...
Old Oct 26, 2022, 3:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wahabd
Nkxbui Did you get the full refund? I am in a similar situation and the representative keeps saying the same thing.
No I have not yet received anything. When I called they said it’s processed but don’t know what the amount is lol what a joke from this company.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 3:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
Unless something has changed, Qatar Airways does not offer a 24h free refund. For ex-US flights, airlines have to either offer free cancellations within 24h after booking, OR a free 24h hold. QR offers the latter, so they don't allow free cancellations for paid tickets.
So it all comes down to the fare rules. Qatar is quite bad with refunds, unfortunately, even when they agree you're entitled to a full refund. Refunds can take a long time - or actually, they aren't processed at all if you don't keep contacting them.
Not sure if that's any help...
QR has a free 24h cancellation for Business Comfort fares.
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 4:59 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Originally Posted by brunos
Thanks for correcting me. What a strange concept.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 6:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by brunos
this was exactly what I booked but then got an email saying I have to pay $600 cancellation fees lol.
Old Apr 18, 2023, 12:43 pm

Any update to this? Did you get a full refund?
Old Apr 18, 2023, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by OFlyer
Any update to this? Did you get a full refund?
I did but through a dispute with my credit card company NOT through Qatar as they are not helpful at all.
florin and OFlyer like this.
Old Apr 18, 2023, 11:50 pm

Thanks, I am in a similar situation myself.
Old Apr 19, 2023, 5:44 pm

same here

They were looking to keep $1000 for business tix cancellation within 24 hrs even though it clearly says that these tickets have 24 hr cancellation. Further, they ask for more $ to select seat for quite tix which I didn't expect! weird airline
Old Apr 19, 2023, 6:31 pm

Programs: QR PC, BA EC, KrisFlyer
I recently booked and cancelled a Y ticket flight within an hour (not flexi fare) and received full refund. I believe there's a policy of full refund if you cancel within 24 hours, thought I read it somewhere. When you cancel it online, you will see the refund amount you'll receive before you confirm so if that's not showing the full amount, I suppose you can then contact the customer service agent to clarify before you confirm the cancellation.
Old Apr 20, 2023, 1:00 am

Originally Posted by billy.f
I recently booked and cancelled a Y ticket flight within an hour (not flexi fare) and received full refund. I believe there's a policy of full refund if you cancel within 24 hours, thought I read it somewhere. When you cancel it online, you will see the refund amount you'll receive before you confirm so if that's not showing the full amount, I suppose you can then contact the customer service agent to clarify before you confirm the cancellation.
Yes this is exactly what has happened. It said 24 hours cancellation with no fees, I messaged to cancel, they advised it was within 24 hours and would be full refund, now they have refunded less 1500 euros. Said it could be 60+ days before they deal with it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.