Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Not able to change award booking: "Something went wrong. Please try again later"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Not able to change award booking: "Something went wrong. Please try again later"

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2022, 10:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Spire Elite Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Aegan Gold, British Airways Bronze

I want to change an award booking, I can see there's availability for the desired date but after I get through the payment screen and enter my credit card details, I see the following error:
"Something went wrong. Please try again later." The original flight was one of those overpriced q2 flexi awards if that could be the reason, the new flight is the same.

Did anyone have that error? I tried contacting their customer support but they are pretty much useless and don't even know the difference between normal awards and q2 flexi awards.

EDIT: Apparently, their CS cannot even see double avios availability and so cannot do any change if I call their call center??? so that means that according to them, I just need to retry until it works (nevermind, that their system keeps authorizing the amount for my credit card without voiding it whenever I try).

Last edited by milgom; Sep 19, 2022 at 6:18 am
Old Nov 23, 2022, 11:17 am

I have my own qatar award booking change that is a simple date change. I am also currently seeing the same fare class availability online, but when I call in the US based call centers are pretty useless and can't seem to see the availability or explain the increased redemption fee to change the award. I ultimately tried to change this award redemption online and pay the redemption fee and also had the webpage error out, but am showing the pending charge on my credit card as well. Did this charge post for you and did you dispute it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.