Search

early check in at LHR

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2022, 3:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Diamond
early check in at LHR

Hi all,

first time QR flyer (but a Plat from a status match).
LHR-DOH-AKL, on the 3pm flight ex LHR.
wnat to go to Windsor castle in the morning and then to LHR. Can we check bags at say 8am and then Uber to the castle and then come back to airport at sat 1pm?
Save lugging bags around. 2 people, paid business.
Any recent experiences please?
Old Aug 22, 2022, 3:49 am

Programs: QRPC Plat; Marriott Plat; Hilton Gold
Need to know the same.. my assumption would be no but keen to hear otherwise
Old Aug 22, 2022, 5:01 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Not exactly the same question, however similar. Does QR allow "fly ahead" at all?
Providing space available at an earlier flight, would they allow us to fly earlier (so we could shorten our layover)?
Old Aug 22, 2022, 6:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
If it was a BA flight I would of reccommended Airportr.com but I just checked their website and they don't work with QR.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 6:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by salehir
Need to know the same.. my assumption would be no but keen to hear otherwise
Originally Posted by Hector99
Hi all,

wnat to go to Windsor castle in the morning and then to LHR. Can we check bags at say 8am and then Uber to the castle and then come back to airport at sat 1pm?
Worse case scenario there is a paid luggage storage place at T4.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 8:29 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
You will not be able to check in your luggage that early. They always use the excuse that they cannot guarantee your luggage will get on your flight as they have earlier flights.

I have tried this before and they were quite rigid in that you had to wait for the morning flights to depart. I would use the left luggage option as suggested earlier.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 8:42 am

Programs: QR PC, BA EC, KrisFlyer
Have you considered leaving your luggage at your hotel? Many would be happy to keep it for a few hours for you after you check out.

Alternatively you can try Stasher, they have many locations (either some shops or Premier Inn / other hotels) where you can leave your bags for around GBP5 per item for a day. Probably more convenient than making a trip to the airport just to drop your luggage.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 12:23 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by Ausriver
Not exactly the same question, however similar. Does QR allow "fly ahead" at all?
Providing space available at an earlier flight, would they allow us to fly earlier (so we could shorten our layover)?
There is no official policy allowing for free same-day changes, as you'd find on BA or North American carriers. If you want to go on an earlier flight, it'll be like changing your ticket in advance, with all the associated costs.

There have been anecdotal reports of QR granting these requests from time to time but I wouldn't count on it. They might be more flexible in case your change would be operationally helpful (e.g. your flight is oversold/delayed, etc).
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 12:21 am

Programs: OWS IHG Diamond + Accor Plat, Scandic Top Level
Originally Posted by Hector99
Hi all,

Last week used economy line (even as a OWS), arrived at 10:10am for QR4 leaving at 3pm, was advised that check in was not open until 11am.
They did check us in and bag tags issued, but bags could not be sent trough on the belts, and had to be left to one side for staff to load on belts later.
Possible as a Plat they will do something similar for you.
If the security lines are busy Saturday, allow more time as I did not see fast track open during my time there.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 6:22 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by SilverChris
There is no official policy allowing for free same-day changes, as you'd find on BA or North American carriers. If you want to go on an earlier flight, it'll be like changing your ticket in advance, with all the associated costs.

There have been anecdotal reports of QR granting these requests from time to time but I wouldn't count on it. They might be more flexible in case your change would be operationally helpful (e.g. your flight is oversold/delayed, etc).
Thanks for your help. I'll check loading on the day and hopefully my flight became oversold and the earlier is not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.