Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Seat Assignments? OWE, but not Privilege Club member

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seat Assignments? OWE, but not Privilege Club member

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2022, 6:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold
Question Seat Assignments? OWE, but not Privilege Club member

Hi,

I am an AA flyer scheduled to fly with Qatar for the first time over the holidays in Business Class (Fare: D). I'm Platinum Pro (Emerald) now but will be EXP by the time I fly if that matters. I can't seem to select my seat from the website. The Manage my booking page asks me to download the app, but that then wants me to sign up for Privilege Club. What is the best way to get seats? Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 10:44 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K (aka OWS)
Same. Just booked SEA-AMM tonight and can't select seats as a OWE (AS 100k). This is new - our last Q suite flight did not have this issue. Seems that the OWE status is not populating with the AS frequent flyer number we are using. Will try twitter.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 11:22 pm

I’ve just spent the last 30 minutes in a twitter exchange with QR arguing about whether OWE has seat selection available. The twitter agent says no despite my sending him the direct link from the Qatar website.

https://www.qatarairways.com/en-us/a.../oneworld.html

now what? Suggestions appreciated.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 9:10 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Try calling them or using another oneworld airline's manage booking function.
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by realgaga
Try calling them or using another oneworld airline's manage booking function.
Just got off the phone with an agent. With a classic J fare, there is no OWE ability to preselect seats. I asked the agent what benefits OWE status had, and she said, "it differs from flight to flight. Purchase the correct fare class or pay to select your seat". I attempted to select seats on Finnair and BA without success. If anyone has had a different experience, I'd love to hear about it
Old Aug 17, 2022, 12:44 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Twitter worked for me for Qsuites on two occasions.

And please confine the discussion to one thread.
jerry a. laska likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.