Search

Removing QR PC number from QR redemption

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2022, 3:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Removing QR PC number from QR redemption

Hello everyone! I'm visiting from the BA forum

I have booked an economy class redemption ticket on Qatar from my Privilege Club account, having transferred Avios from my BA account. I don't have any status with Qatar, but I do with BA (Oneworld Sapphire).

Does anyone know if there is any way I can remove my Privilege Club number from the booking and link it instead to my BA number, so that I can benefit from free seat selection?

Thanks a lot in advance!
Old Jul 25, 2022, 3:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
The only way I managed to do it was at the airport.
dap891 and Doors Closing like this.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 9:12 pm

Manage Booking > Update Passenger Details?
dap891 likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 9:40 pm
Original Poster

Thanks a lot both!

Regarding doing it at the airport - I don't think that would help here, since I am trying get the benefits of my BA status (especially advance seat selection) rather than switching out the programmes for mileage accrual.

Regarding QR MMB, I don't see any ability to view or change the frequent flyer programme details for this booking, including under "Update Passenger Details"

My guess is that if this is at all possible, it will be a trick involving another OW airline's system...

If this is not possible then it serves as a hazard warning to folks like me who tried to save a little money by moving their Avios to book via QR rather than BA, but hopefully not the case!
Old Jul 25, 2022, 9:51 pm

I have had success switching the other way (BA to QR) by opening the booking at the Finnair site. Others have mentioned trying RJ.
dap891 likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 12:47 am

In my previous experiences I tried RJ, Finnair etc but the QR number was never removed properly.

Could you try calling QR? (I know...)
dap891 likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 2:09 am

Programs: BAEC
People have tried various ways to change the assigned FFP away from QRPC, and whilst you might see that it has changed, somewhere in the backend it doesn't, and the benefits almost always end up being credited to QRPC after you have flown, usually to the frustration of the individual who was trying to prevent that happening.

Once a QRPC number has been anywhere near a booking on past forum experience it's very very sticky.
dap891 likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 10:19 am
Original Poster

Thanks all. Looks like I may have to give up - I can't remove the QRPC number on the Finnair site, and I can't even pull up the booking on RJ. I did try calling QR and they could add the BA number but not remove the QR number, and the system is still asking for payment for seat selection

I guess one to chalk up to experience!
Old Jul 27, 2022, 3:37 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb., Marriott Gold, FB Plat, BAEC Silver
On a side note, is seat selection free for BAEC Silver members when flying QR in Economy? A while ago I try to make an online booking and even tough I entered my BAEC FF number I still need to pay for advanced seat selection.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 3:55 am

Originally Posted by jongesander
On a side note, is seat selection free for BAEC Silver members when flying QR in Economy? A while ago I try to make an online booking and even tough I entered my BAEC FF number I still need to pay for advanced seat selection.
Yes, it should be.. well, it was for my OH in May.
jongesander likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 3:56 am

Seeing that BAEC Silver is equivalent to oneworld Sapphire, you should get complimentary seat selection, even for upfront and extra legroom seats. That is my experience with AT Gold.

Perhaps wait for a few minutes for the QR system to call up your status with BA?

Having QR recognise the status is important, as it also accords you the following on the flight:
• Additional baggage allowance (15-20kg)
• Lounge access for oneworld Sapphire members
• Priority boarding
jongesander likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 5:16 am

Thanks tamag0 and Schwann ! I did try again and now it works, so probably I did something wrong the last time!
Old Jul 27, 2022, 11:08 am

Thanks tamag0 and Schwann ! I did try again and now it works, so probably I did something wrong the last time!
Glad to hear that has worked. Which way did you change your FF number in the end?
Old Jul 27, 2022, 12:10 pm

My apologizes KingCanute for the confusion. I hijacked this thread a little bit: I thought seat selection was not free for BAEC Silver, as I try this a couple of weeks ago without succes (and in the end did not booked with QR). So I just made a dummy booking and could select seats for free.

Did not had the situation of dap891 who wanted to change the FF number on a QR Award ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.