Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

HIA Platinum, Gold and Silver Lounges Now Open

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2022, 7:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador

Just saw this on Twitter, so no more Al Mourjan lounge for OWE?

Loungeabout likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 8:07 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Feel sorry for the onslaught the staff are going to get at the bottom of the AM escalator.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 8:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Well, Eid holiday just started, definitely feel sorry for the staff considering the busy traffic. Will try to find this new Platinum lounge tonight.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 8:54 am

Do I understand correctly that these are in fact 3 separate lounges, one for silver, gold, platinum respectively?

Curious how they differentiate?
Old Jul 7, 2022, 9:08 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by mfreezer
Do I understand correctly that these are in fact 3 separate lounges, one for silver, gold, platinum respectively?

Curious how they differentiate?
According to both oneworld and QR website there's one for each tier. Platinum and Gold are both at the A gates (on the right before A1) while Silver is at B.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 9:12 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
From the QR Website:
Qatar Airways Platinum Lounge South:

Located on concourse A of HIA, Qatar Airways Platinum Lounge South will be home to Qatar Airways Platinum loyalty members and oneworld Emerald card holders. The state-of-the-art lounge accommodates up to 140 passengers, and is equipped with a quiet area, a prayer room, a bar, a restaurant, and showers. Passengers are welcome to enjoy à la carte dining or buffet, and utilise the complimentary WiFi provided.

Qatar Airways Gold Lounge South:

Located on concourse A of HIA, Qatar Airways Gold Lounge South will be home to Qatar Airways Gold loyalty members and oneworld Sapphire card holders. The newly inaugurated lounge has the capacity to accommodate up to 85 passengers, and offers an array of services including family seating, a bar, a dining area, a full buffet dining experience, showers, and complimentary WiFi.

Qatar Airways Silver Lounge South:

Located on concourse B of HIA, Qatar Airways Silver Lounge South will be home to Qatar Airways Silver loyalty members. First opened in March 2022, the lounge accommodates up to 195 passengers, offering meeting rooms, a family area, a quiet area, buffet dining and baggage storage facilities.
Loungeabout likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 9:52 am

Programs: QRPC, BAEC
Originally Posted by Desert_life

https://twitter.com/qatarairways/sta...OtZ3FH80CqIvPA

I believe all 3 pictures are of the silver lounge (as per my memory from last month when I was there). Curious how the gold / platinum one looks inside
Loungeabout likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 11:08 am

Programs: Qatar Plat, Sinbad Silver.
Originally Posted by nomadabroad
I believe all 3 pictures are of the silver lounge (as per my memory from last month when I was there). Curious how the gold / platinum one looks inside
Yes, the pics are definitely the silver lounge, was there last month, also looking forward to pics of Platinum & Gold lounges.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 11:48 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Desert_life

https://twitter.com/qatarairways/sta...OtZ3FH80CqIvPA
I thought that OWE not having access to AM lounge was standard practice outside covid (remember travelling through Doha about 3 years ago on an economy ticket and not being let in).
orbitmic likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 11:55 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by Agent69
I thought that OWE not having access to AM lounge was standard practice outside covid (remember travelling through Doha about 3 years ago on an economy ticket and not being let in).
That's correct- it's only been a Covid Courtesy but likely no more with these new lounges. Previously AM was only for those traveling in J except now it excludes business lite fares
Old Jul 7, 2022, 12:56 pm

Programs: OWE, *Gold, STE+, Globalist, Titanium, Spire, Diamond
Interesting that capacity is Silver-100%>Platinum-70%>Gold-45% given that OWR otherwise don’t get lounge access and that there are much more OWS than OWE.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 1:51 pm

Not to mention they're gonna need much, much bigger lounges in order to make a meaningful dent to the numbers. Does anyone know what is going on with construction of the North node lounges?
Old Jul 7, 2022, 3:13 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Qatar Airways unveils three new lounges at Hamad International Airport | The Peninsula Qatar
Old Jul 7, 2022, 3:14 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by Schwann
Feel sorry for the onslaught the staff are going to get at the bottom of the AM escalator.
Agreed. This also doesn't bode well for continuing AS access on an F-J connection.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 12:46 am

Programs: OWE, *G
Curious to see if this will change any of the access rules for AS, as AM should be less crowded.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.