Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR28 ex Manchester always late

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2022, 1:19 am
Original Poster

QR28 ex Manchester always late

Due to fly on QR28 in 10 days…does anyone know why it is consistently late? Incoming flight always on time..does anyone know if they board on time or keep business class customers in lounge?
Old Jun 27, 2022, 4:02 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Purely speculation but I'm guessing the ground handling agent is stretched. Same situation with Swissport and Dnata etc all over the country.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 12:04 am

Originally Posted by Kk70
Due to fly on QR28 in 10 days…does anyone know why it is consistently late? Incoming flight always on time..does anyone know if they board on time or keep business class customers in lounge?
I was on this flight end of May . It left about 65 mins late which seemed normal. At the gate they were making announcements to buy a mask (for thise not already in possession of one) from the vending machine which slowed things down . Otherwise just the usual snarl up at Manchester Security slowing passengers down. (priority at security was working well)
There is a bit of padding in the schedule so we arrived 20 mins late.
1903 lounge were not throwing us out

Last edited by terry1968; Jun 29, 2022 at 12:33 am
Old Jun 29, 2022, 3:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
The pax will be thrilled to get onboard and discover QR gives them a mask for free.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 6:44 pm

It’s the same situation with QR 742 ex LAX. It’s consistently 30 minutes late. We have a 1-hour connection at DOH onward to DAR. How do they expect us to make our connection?
Old Jul 1, 2022, 1:41 am

Programs: BA, QR status varies from rags to riches - now gold, IHG Diamond Elite
Add DUB to the list. The incoming QR17 is usually on time or early. The ex Dublin flight QR18 is consistently late by up to an hour. Dublin airport is quite chaotic at the moment which I'm sure doesn't help. It's always a relief to get on board.

Grantosol
Old Jul 3, 2022, 6:18 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Flew QR 28 yesterday, delayed due to late arrival of inbound aircraft. Swissport is very short staffed in MAN and I didn't see the QR duty manager nor any of the agents employed by QR. Only about half of the check in staff were in QR uniform, others were in Swissport's. There were some temporary workers (yellow lanyards, apprenticeships maybe?) who helped boarding. Escape was filled to the brim but 1903 had space.
Old Sep 1, 2023, 7:57 am

Programs: BA Gold
I've been keeping a close eye on the QR28 (MAN-DOH) departure over the last few weeks (out of curiosity more than anything) as I'll be taking that flight myself in a few weeks. It seems to be consistently late departing most days and a quick online search suggests that it's delayed 65-70% of the time, ranging from 30-45 mins on average. Some later departures appear to make up some time in flight and some that don't depart as late end up arriving much later so hard to figure out. As I'm connecting in Doha, I'm keen not to eat into my connection time (my Al Safwa time to be precise!) so wondered if anyone was aware of why it's so consistently late?

Given the last post on this thread was over 12 months ago, it seems to be a consistent issue? TIA
Old Sep 1, 2023, 4:17 pm

There appear to be some clusters of late arrivals, while there are periods of several weeks for which everything is fine. My flight on 1 Dec 22 fell into the latter category.
Born2turnleft likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2023, 5:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
The good news is that you have a high chance of being dropped straight into the departure area as a result, so you will save time on the connection.

My last experience, perhaps 2 months ago with an hour long wait, was that the delays were all over, but I'd just say "MANchester" airport: By which I mean security (even with priority) took a very long time for us, which increases your chance of waiting for enough passengers to make it; cleaners were certainly late off the aicraft and pretty sure I saw our crew boarding about the time we were meant to depart. Not much you can do about that connection time - just don't believe the airport signage - was unhappy to only have ten minutes in the 1903 lounge as then it changed the status to boarding (admittedly from a distant gate), which was a complete lie.
Old Sep 1, 2023, 8:12 pm

My last few experiences out of MAN we were waiting in a small space after the stairs down but before the boarding bridge for about 25/30 mins. We left about an hour late and landed 30 mins late.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.