Wiki Posts
Search

DOH - COL legs changed to Oman Air

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2022, 5:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qatar Airways Platinum Tier
DOH - COL legs changed to Oman Air

I bought a Qsuite ticket some months ago for IAD - COL. I was just checking my booking today and noticed that the DOH to Colombo leg has been switched to Oman Air instead of the Qatar I booked it on. The class is still Business so Im not that bothered, but I never got an email notification of the change like I normally would for any change whatsoever.

So a question: Has this happened to you as well on any connecting flight thru DOH recently?

PSA: Make sure you keep tabs on your bookings and watch out for this switcheroo.

f.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 7:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
The A330 seats are pretty good and you'll still get the QR food service too. I believe Oman Air J service is very similar to QRs generally in the sense the crew should be good.

You should be able to get a free change to another QSuite flight (if there is one) under their QSuite change policy as it was your seat that changed - assuming you booked through QR.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Schwann
The A330 seats are pretty good and you'll still get the QR food service too. I believe Oman Air J service is very similar to QRs generally in the sense the crew should be good.

You should be able to get a free change to another QSuite flight (if there is one) under their QSuite change policy as it was your seat that changed - assuming you booked through QR.
Yea I always book directly. Ive been doing some research into Oman's business product on the 330 and it looks pretty good. Good to know the reviews are good. Dont need to change the flight as the connection times are good from DOH into COL. Thanks.

f.
Schwann likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 11:16 am
Original Poster

Update: Omar Air was awesome. Basically flies as a Qatar product with the same menus and meals etc. Even had a Qatar rep on board. Plus, call me crazy but their seat was way more comfortable then the seat of the Qsuite.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by friskygeek
Update: Omar Air was awesome. Basically flies as a Qatar product with the same menus and meals etc. Even had a Qatar rep on board. Plus, call me crazy but their seat was way more comfortable then the seat of the Qsuite.
Coll Island Airport (IATA: COL, ICAO: EGEL) is located 5 NM (9.3 km; 5.8 mi) west southwest of Arinagour on the island of Coll in the Inner Hebrides. [Wikipedia]
Old Jul 15, 2022, 11:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
Coll Island Airport (IATA: COL, ICAO: EGEL) is located 5 NM (9.3 km; 5.8 mi) west southwest of Arinagour on the island of Coll in the Inner Hebrides. [Wikipedia]
Thanks Google.
Schwann likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 12:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
Hi. Is the Al Safwa lounge open in Coll yet?
Old Jul 15, 2022, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Schwann
Hi. Is the Al Safwa lounge open in Coll yet?
Yea, its gonna be on the beach!
Schwann likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 2:42 pm

I want to visit India, are there any flights from Doha to MUM, KOL or CHE?
Dan72 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.