Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changing my name due to marriage.

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2022, 11:51 pm
Original Poster

Changing my name due to marriage.

Hi, I’ve recently got married and, being an old fashioned girl, want to take my husband’s surname. Our holiday to The Maldives was booked about a year ago in my maiden name. I’ve changed my passport to my new name but Qatar says they won’t change my name on my booking. Their advice is to cancel and rebook at a hugely increased price or to travel the last leg of the journey in economy (which we have to pay for, even though we hold business class seats). BA have changed the name on the London to Doha leg, no fuss at all and no extra cost.
any advice please?
Old May 6, 2022, 3:13 pm

Programs: BAEC
Try to send a private message to goingplacestogether (a QR company rep) explaining your predicament.
Old May 7, 2022, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by plunet
Try to send a private message to goingplacestogether (a QR company rep) explaining your predicament.

Thank you, I’ll do that now.
Old May 8, 2022, 1:55 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
I don't understand why it'd be an issue. Doesn't this happen on a regular basis? You can provide docs and proof etc so shouldn't be a revenue protection issue.
Old May 8, 2022, 5:20 am
Original Poster

Change of name

Hi, it was such an issue that we had to cancel our flights and rebook. It wouldn’t have been an issue if we hadn’t used avois to upgrade our flight. We are very upset but we needed to save our honeymoon. It’s cost us extra money and the last leg of our journey will now be in economy instead of business.
Old May 8, 2022, 5:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Unfortunately there are many examples when QR doesn't use any sort of common sense or logic.
AnaTravel likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.