Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Rebooking options after one leg get cancelled

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2022, 3:40 am
Original Poster

I have a upcoming booking MXP-DOH-MLE-DOH-FRA. Now QR cancelled my flight MLE-DOH. They already rebooked me on a flight one hour earlier from MLE. So no big deal anyway. But now Im asking me, if its possible to change the whole leg MLE-DOH-FRA to another destination airport within 500 miles because of the cancellation of the first flight.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 5:12 am

Programs: SPG Plat (RIP), Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP
Are you on the MLE-DOH 20:55 flight on 9/16? I just got a similar email that they moved my flight then a second later they canceled it
Old Apr 25, 2022, 5:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cyb2888
Are you on the MLE-DOH 20:55 flight on 9/16? I just got a similar email that they moved my flight then a second later they canceled it
Yes, QR 677 (was 20:45 not 20:55). I got the same two emails as well. It looks like they changed the departure from evening 20:45 to 10:20 in the morning. And after that, they rebooked me on another flight in the evening.

Last edited by ICPUI; Apr 25, 2022 at 5:38 am
Old Apr 25, 2022, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by ICPUI
Yes, QR 677 (was 20:45 not 20:55). I got the same two emails as well. It looks like they changed the departure from evening 20:45 to 10:20 in the morning. And after that, they rebooked me on another flight in the evening.
Right yeah I was just guestimating the time. So it sounds like they put you on another flight? Mine still shows "Not confirmed" for my return leg. Did you have to call and talk to someone or did it automatically happen? The email I received makes it sound like I'll be on the hook for any cost of fare difference which seems odd since they cancelled my flight not the other way around.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 6:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cyb2888
Right yeah I was just guestimating the time. So it sounds like they put you on another flight? Mine still shows "Not confirmed" for my return leg. Did you have to call and talk to someone or did it automatically happen? The email I received makes it sound like I'll be on the hook for any cost of fare difference which seems odd since they cancelled my flight not the other way around.
No i didnt talk to anyone, the new flight just appeared in my booking. The old one is also still there but not confirmed. I read the part about the fare difference as well, but it would be great id they allow me to rebook it to another destination city in Europe within 500 miles. I choose FRA because it was way cheaper than ZRH or GVA.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 6:21 am

Okay so we're in the same boat. I've been trying to get an agent on their chat feature but I can't get a hold of anyone and or it times out before someone connects. I'll have to try giving them a call later I guess. Lets see who gets a resolution first!
Old Apr 25, 2022, 6:46 am

I finally got a hold of someone on the chat. They offered to put me on the flight that is 1 hour earlier (19:45) which is the original time I had booked for. This reservation has had so many changes...I originally booked the 19:45 but got put on the 20:45 because of some unknown reason but now they're putting me back on the original one so all worked out well for me. It might be that you're going to be put on the earlier flight as well but hopefully you get a desirable flight time!
Old Apr 27, 2022, 2:18 pm

Programs: Aeromexico Platinum and AA Exec Platinum
Got the same two emails yesterday on our MLE DOH flight May 18th. They did not automatically rebook me on the department 1 hour later but I contacted QR via Twitter and got it resolved. This is my 3 schedule change on this one itinerary so now I don’t panic or even bother with the long waits on the phone.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 3:51 pm
Original Poster

I changed my flight today without a charge from FRA to ZRH because of the schedule change. Just waited about 2 minutes for a online chat agent.
SK AAR likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.